Thread: Less Nasty...

Threaded View

True Hollywood Stry

Less Nasty...

WEll as i have talked about before i am tired of having a big turd that I cant drive around town or take to the beach etc.. I enjoy the more hard core trails, but i enjoyed my truck much more when it was mildy stock and could be driven on multiple 2-3 hour road trips without fixing something.

At first i thought i wanted to build a buggy right away, but in the first year or so after graduation i still wont have the kind of budget to build a good solid buggy from the ground up.

So then i decided I would be another 78-79 bronco, maily because i really like these trucks, and two i have tons of stock parts for them. Well i have a freind back home that has a bone stock 79 bronco with the 400/c-6/205. My friend bought the truck in 1980 i believe and has had it ever since. It was daily driven up until about 2001. This truck came with all of the options possible from the factory like, factory cb, roll bar, rear sliding windows etc. The truck has never been wrecked and never abused. It has some surface and mild rust but no holes thru the body or bondo everywhere like big nasty.

Plans for this truck are to make more of a weekend driver, play toy. I want it to look nice and stay that way. Also i want to be able to take it on trips to the beach and deerlease and not have to trailer it. So this truck is going to be way more of a mall crawler in a sense than the normal rigs that most of us around the club build.

Plans as of right now:
    Swap the Big Block out of big nasty into here-prolly swap out the extreme cam for a milder one
    Swap out the front square headlights for the round ones off of big nasty
    4 inch lift
    Repaint the truck see below for options
    Anti- wrap bar
    a drop in locker and prolly some after market equipment for the nine inch
    build new bumpers and rock slider/steps

As for tires i am pretty much set on 36x13.5 iroks probably radials
    Rims size i want to run 17 some nice chrome 17 inch wheels

here are some pics of what it looks like now, i will be picking it up in the next month or so, and i will updats some paint, rim, and other pictures tonight.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!