Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Less Nasty...

I Vote Solid Fj Blue With White Top And No Kmc Wheels - Too Bling.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

fbronco86
    I would keep the same two tone paint. I kinda like the yellow.

The square headlights are pimp. keep the round headlights for the homo eb crowd.

Small lift and 33's

For engines I would go with a 351W with exploder FI and a 4R70W overdrive. (I am looking for that setup for my eb)

True Hollywood Stry
    i may have found a set or tires and wheels that are 8 lug for this project, but the problem is they are 37's not 36's, which made me start comparing the price diff, in building a nine versus a sterling. With chromo shafts, and the gears and the same locker in either axle the sterling is going to be about equal or a little cheaper. I want to keep the nine, but i think i will need to get the nodular housing as well to run 36-37's, which will put the sterling at a cheaper price even with converting the front 44 to 8 lug. decisions decisions

discuss your thoughts if you care to on this matter

this truck wont see to hard of wheeling, but will see street burnouts prolly quite often
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

ill be your pickup man
    Given your expectations for this truck, I would build a moderate 9"
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

True Hollywood Stry
    main pro's for the nine to me are the light weight, and not having to mess with changing out the bolt pattern on the front
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    I'd go with a moderately built 9" like John said. Going back to a sterling and 44 seems like it'd be reliving the past. You might spend more building a good 9" but in the end you will have a nice looking/driving ride.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

quit thinking so much. you have been on fsb as much as i have. there are plenty of people running 9" rear ends stock and 37's. regear it if you need to and call it good. the only reason i'd say go with sterling is because of the 460. in that case i might have one layin around for ya

Quote Originally Posted by william_ace
    quit thinking so much. you have been on fsb as much as i have. there are plenty of people running 9" rear ends stock and 37's. regear it if you need to and call it good. the only reason i'd say go with sterling is because of the 460. in that case i might have one layin around for ya
    Yah Cook has had great luck with 9"s...

Sterling.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

cook didn't have them set u pright, a nine inch can be stronger if you don't you cheap parts. He said he wanted to go with alloy shafts, and good gears and pinion support a nine inch will be supper strong
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

True Hollywood Stry
    but my problem is a nodular third with 4.56s and a detroit or a true trac is like is in the 1200-1500 range, plus 300 for shafts, that is a **** load of skrilla so i am leaning towards sterling, for that much i could swap the front to 8 lug, disk brake, lock and gear the sterling. decisions decisions

D60 or D70 parts cheaper than the sterling?

Don't those 9s like to crack the tube at the perch?

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    no need for nodular case, this is gonna be a beah queen. get good gears and shafts and a good carrier replacement and it will be fine. The only thing cook ever broke was the carrier and shafts.
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

exactly what i was thinkin. its gonna be a beach and street truck. just lock it and gear it. you dont need fancy shafts or anything. ryan used an 8.8 on 37s forever and it held up decent enough. even when he wheeled it when it was welded, he wheeled it hard, and after it broke one time from shotty welding, i dont ever think it broke again. 9" will be fine.

ill be your pickup man
    9"
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

hows this comin along?