Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: general opinions about a new truck

general opinions about a new truck

hey so i'm looking for a work truck to tow trailers about, and that in a year or so will be my little sisters dd. Originally i was looking for a mid 90's f250 crew cab, non dulley; when i stumbled across this.
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/375724737.html
    Can i get you guys general opinions about, f250's, this truck, or anything else that comes to mind. Some stuff that doesn't come in the text is that it is 2 wheel drive, 12 bolt rear, auto c-6, duel tanks but rear is not working, 400 modified engine.

ill be your pickup man
    Cool truck, but I wouldn't want it to be my sister's DD. And you dont need a 3/4 ton to tow trailers.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

don't want it to be a dd? why? if its because its a bit weird having a 16 year old girl driving it around ive already gotten into plenty of agruements with her about this but shes just that way, she rides in rodeos, trailers horses, and wears jeans and boots, not your typical dallasite. Again its her who is set on the 250, atleast i persuaded her out of the duelly. She will be pulling gooseneck 6 horse and larger trailers.

why just limit it to a 250, what about a 350? also, think about gas prices right now, go with a diesel.

True Hollywood Stry
    pass on that with the 400 not having a ton of power stock, and the c-6 unloaded your going to be looking at prolly around 10 on the highway, and 8-9 in town, most likely
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

In the mid 90s they didn't make many 250 crew cabs. But don't worry a 350 is the same thing with an overload spring in the back. I always liked the old 7.3s, and would advise anybody against a 94-97 powerstroke. If she would go with a single cab we should have a 99 f-350 single wheel single cab with 7.3 and 6 speed and 4x4 in good condition coming up for sale in a couple months.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    That thing would be pimp at the rodeos. If she likes it and can afford the fuel for it I say get it. I am not a ford fan at all, but that would be cool to drive. The 4 door will be nice to haul tack/gear and for pilin the buds in for a road trip (and those seats are blingin).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Get a diesel. For that kind of heavy towing a gasser is gonna be slow as piss and get HORRIBLE mileage. How do I know? I drive the chevy equivalent of that truck. It gets 10 mpg empty and 6 or 7 towing, and cant keep up with any diesel on the highway. (It will beat them off the line though )
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

That truck is only going to have about 150 hp. When I first got my bronco freshman year of highschool I would get beat by old ladies that didn't know I was racing them.

It is though very easy to bump up the power, m motors have way to much polution controll and retardation.

Both my dad and my grandpa said they each had a 400m that got great mpg. My dads truck got 18 and my grandpas station wagon got 22 but my bronco got 6-8 with towing anything.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo
    retardation.
    that pretty much sums up the m series block

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

get a 7.3, the ford 6.9 diesels i know of dont have any power.
    a 4 door is going to be a pain to park at school and with something that old you will be constantly fixing something.
    Nick
    '76 F250 High Boy
    '87 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by 85cj7
    don't want it to be a dd? why? if its because its a bit weird having a 16 year old girl driving it around ive already gotten into plenty of agruements with her about this but shes just that way, she rides in rodeos, trailers horses, and wears jeans and boots, not your typical dallasite. Again its her who is set on the 250, atleast i persuaded her out of the duelly. She will be pulling gooseneck 6 horse and larger trailers.
    why is a 16 year old girl driving a horse trailer around dallas?

get her an isuzu rodeo and let her total it before she gets a truck, I've ridden in them too and they are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RCook527
    that pretty much sums up the m series block
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Get a diesel. For that kind of heavy towing a gasser is gonna be slow as piss and get HORRIBLE mileage. How do I know? I drive the chevy equivalent of that truck. It gets 10 mpg empty and 6 or 7 towing, and cant keep up with any diesel on the highway. (It will beat them off the line though )
    and your truck sir is a giant white turd
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo

Both my dad and my grandpa said they each had a 400m that got great mpg. My dads truck got 18 and my grandpas station wagon got 22 but my bronco got 6-8 with towing anything.
    BS