Thread: need a hand Thursday morning

need a hand Thursday morning

I need someone to help me swap out an alternator. By help I really mean I need someone to do it for me. I had surgery Monday and I can't lift anything, much less bend over.

Flem and I almost had it tonight, but after installation he figured I need to run a GM 3 wire and not a single wire. So I need to pull the one in there out, head to NAPA and exchange it, then swap it back in.

This is going in my skid steer and we need to get it going so I can take it to Austin the rest of the week for work. Give me a call or PM is you can help in the morning.

Brandon

skid steers are fun to work on...i think they are put together by midgets.
    what kind of skid steer did you get? I've been half way looking at them. Have any tips on buying one? Will they all reach a high sided dump truck? My dad has a 300hp R model Mack now w/ a 14yd bed on it. Our little tractor can't reach unless you build a ramp or dump it in the back w/ the bed tilted. I was thinking of doing some haul off/small dirt work on the side and get a pintle trailer to drag a skid steer or the dozer behind.

If I was in town, Id help ya but im not. When ya work on em for a living, it gets old fast. And yes they were designed to be worked on by double jointed midgets

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Surgery? Everything ok Brandon?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

lowballing someone
    i can help ya sunday but that is the earliest call me if ya need me
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

yea, I had a herniated navel, good times. the recovery has been the worst part so far, now I am just sore and have a perpetual case of the hiccups.

hiccups can't be good for hurnia (sp?) surgery! that probably hurts every time. what kinda skid steer is it?

Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackasic
    yea, I had a herniated navel, good times. the recovery has been the worst part so far, now I am just sore and have a perpetual case of the hiccups.
    Man, that sounds painful....glad to hear you're doing better.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    skid steers are fun to work on...i think they are put together by midgets.
    what kind of skid steer did you get? I've been half way looking at them. Have any tips on buying one? Will they all reach a high sided dump truck? My dad has a 300hp R model Mack now w/ a 14yd bed on it. Our little tractor can't reach unless you build a ramp or dump it in the back w/ the bed tilted. I was thinking of doing some haul off/small dirt work on the side and get a pintle trailer to drag a skid steer or the dozer behind.

Unless you get one of the new larger models, they won't reach over a highsided dump (it's still sketchy w/ the big ones.) The best way to get over a highside is to get the grappler bucket so that you can just open the bucket to dump it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I work for John Deere C&F. I bet we can hook ya up with one when ya get ready for a Deere.

cool, i am looking at a 325 with a few attachments. I want to pay cash for it, so it may be a few jobs away, or just the right one. Flem got the NH back up an running again, NAPA made a hydraulic hose and he gave the alternator the once over. It has some weird wiring demons that will have to be put off a few weeks.

It runs, charges, and doesnt puke oil so that is good enough for now.

Its here in abilene just pm what ya want and ill check with the salesmen and shoot ya a quote