Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: dual marine batteries

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I used to love the way the army would throw them away when their big chargers wouldn't get them back running. I had my grandad send me a trickle charger and brought plenty of them back from the dead and they run great after that. I havent had any trouble w/ the ones at the house either.

Maybe I am lucky, maybe some people have problems in their charging systems that just kill batteries. Ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

The yellow top optima I got did not last 6 months. I use the excide orbitals from napa, and have yet to have a problem with one.

I've got a yellowtop optima I bought off some asian lady on ebay, circa 2001. No warranty, probably a refurb or some ****. I can't kill it, and I've tried. I'll probably pass it down to my son someday. I agree that their product went to **** sometime in the past few years. I'm betting they farmed out their product to some 3rd world country (Mexico) and quality has suffered.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I've got an old red top in jeep. It came out of a 99 f350 that I bought in 03 or so, the other one died and we always replace both batteries. For the past few years, the yellow walmart batteries have been holding up real well. We've got about 20 of them. One of the better parts is that you can always get a free replacement, just bring a receipt with the right date on it. But they're not sealed batteries.

I actually still have an old grey everstart in the boat. The older ones of yall may remember them. I think it may have come from my 90 f350. Don't think they've made the grey ones since about 2000.\

Never had any luck with marine batteries lasting long at all. Have had better luck with normal batteries even when used for a trolling motor.