Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Car hauler questions

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    Every year I tell g-pa to keep it out of the pasture when he parks it, but he never listens. I guess he likes keepin me busy. All our stuff is run through some sort of pipe, but none of it is completely covered (like where it drops to the brakes and comes up to the taillights). I never had good access to loom before, so most everything gets loomed now and that seems to cure most of it.
    if coons are eating the wires, try not parking it next to the watermelon patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

sharpe said his trailer has a 10400 lb load rating. this i assume is from the two 5200 lb rated axles. so i would assume the load rating to be 10400 - the weight of the trailer. lets just say its a thousand pounds. that would leave 9400 pounds that the axles can hold until they reach there limit. this doesnt even take into account the fact the the axles arent always evenly loaded, so it might be a good idea to leave a bit of cusion in your load so that when one axle has more than its "half" its not beign overloaded. Unless they have a lower rating for the axles when used in tandem, eg the same axle in single application is rated for 5500 pounds.

done.

funny thing is - sharpe walked by when i started this post, so weve had an entire discussion about his work schedule to boot. he didnt seem interested in trailer talk.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller