Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Car hauler questions

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Some of us don't have the place or the time to work on trucks.

I don't want to pull third members, I don't want to set gears, I don't want to work on our 40 for free when I work 60 hour weeks. I want to camp and wheel and get married and if that means going halves paying someone to work on a truck while I live in an apartment and don't have a garage I think I am justified in doing it. Especially if the truck is going to be trail ready in a month compared to getting it done over two years.

When you come to the realization that you would rather just have it done, come see me. When your time becomes more valuable to you and you would rather spend the small amount of it with the woman you love, because time is limited, then come talk to me. Until then keep wrenching, keep working and keep on doing what you want

Different Strokes for different folks. I love to wheel and camp, I like to wrench. If I wanted to be a mechanic I wouldn't have gone to A&M.

No matter what I grew up on a horse ranch and was towing horses and hay bales to and from vets and land in high school while you were picking your nose thinking about going to your college classes
    chadnutz, you genius! How did you hack into this guys account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    You gotta get some tougher skin around these folks.

Oh, and if you missed the ,

and you would realise your argument held no merit if you had read this thread

http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6982 :blackflipoff:
    Last edited by DRAGOONRANCH; 08-29-2007 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

fbronco86
    back on to car haulers.

Someone at work said there is a place in spring at 45N and 2920 that sells them pretty cheap and the guy will build what ever your want. I dont have the name of the joint sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    back on to car haulers.

Someone at work said there is a place in spring at 45N and 2920 that sells them pretty cheap and the guy will build what ever your want. I dont have the name of the joint sorry.
    yeah i think that place is actually past 2920 a little bit. I see mostly goosenecks in his yard though.
    So you loose, I win!

looks like he has a good selection, they're behind his bldg so you just cant see them from the road. The goosenecks at the front are the only ones i ever noticed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    So you loose, I win!

hmm, I may check that out

One thing I see alot of people overlooking is the tiedowns. Either there are not enough, or the ones that are on there are not strong enough. (this observation comes from dealings w/ people outside of the club so nobody get their panties in a wad) Look at the protection the lights have, the protection/quality of the wiring (especially under the trailer) and x 2 on the treated wood floor. Check to see if the suspension is greasable, if it isn't it's not a big deal but it might give one an edge over another. Check to see what kind of jack it takes, if you can get one w/ a removable you are money ahead as the solid mounts always get bent up, and I do mean always!!The last is how the license plate mounts. This to me is pretty important as I have some pretty rough terrain here at the house and I hate to get stopped for something stupid like not having a lp or it being too fubar'ed to read. It just gives the popo a reason to look at everything else a little closer.

If removable fenders are the only thing holding you up, this should be easy enough to fab up yourself.
    'Cause if she don't,

http://www.countrysidetrailers.com/contact.html

here's the name of the place.
    So you loose, I win!

Mom's newish Texas Bragg is pretty well built fwiw.
    'Cause if she don't,

I've noticed some people say that the diamond plate fenders are strong enough to drive over. Anyone know if this is true, or if that goes for pretty much any diamond plate fenders?

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    You gotta get some tougher skin around these folks.

Oh, and if you missed the ,

and you would realise your argument held no merit if you had read this thread

http://tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6982 :blackflipoff:
    I have tough skin but I am allowed to retort logically rather than being a smartass which seems to be lost to this crowd.

2nd, my argument was based on the fact that I am not skilled enough nor have enough patience to spend wrenching because I honestly don't want to go that far.

As far as the woman goes she just helped me install a spacer lift she wanted into her Tundra. She is a trooper and likes to work on trucks BUT the fact is she would rather be wheeling and camping then wrenching and I will appease her. Finding a woman that wants to wrench is a jewel but finding a woman that can put up with me AND wants a Roof top tent for the truck so we can camp more often is pretty damn close to awesome.

Guess I will stick to sarcastic wit from now on...

I have tough skin but I am allowed to retort logically rather than being a smartass which seems to be lost to this crowd.

2nd, my argument was based on the fact that I am not skilled enough nor have enough patience to spend wrenching because I honestly don't want to go that far.

As far as the woman goes she just helped me install a spacer lift she wanted into her Tundra. She is a trooper and likes to work on trucks BUT the fact is she would rather be wheeling and camping then wrenching and I will appease her. Finding a woman that wants to wrench is a jewel but finding a woman that can put up with me AND wants a Roof top tent for the truck so we can camp more often is pretty damn close to awesome.

Dude, seriously, relax.
    BDR

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    thanks, it looks like they sell pace trailers

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    thanks, it looks like they sell pace trailers
    and parker performance, apparently also out of mt pleasant.
    So you loose, I win!

I was going to tell you earlier that your views are what separates you from a real car guy, but I let it go. Then I come back from lunch and see that you are arguing with yourself. So if you are in an arguing mood, that is my view.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.