Thread: CJ headlight switch

CJ headlight switch

CJ's have the pull out style switches right? Three positions, off/park lights/headlights? Do they also twist for a dimmer switch and have an interior light on at the end of the dimmer twist?

lowballing someone
    yes they do have 3 , there is a click at the end of the turning for the interior lights
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

i bought one of these dudes at napa yesterday. i dont know how they mount though. i know theres a knob i need with a rod on it, but how do they actually mount to the dash and does anyone have the parts i need?

i have no idea, but if worst comes to worst you can look at mine if your going to be at the msc open house.

lowballing someone
    there is a nut that holds it there. you slip the switch in from the back and spin the nut on from the front, trim the shaft to the correct length for your knob and then add the knob, the knut thing also holds on the beauty ring that is on the switch. i may have an extra one in about 2 weeks cause i'm getting 2 dash boards
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I used an XJ one that I found at the junkyard. O'Riellys has a book - Hearse Coarse or something that has some great switches like this that are much simpler.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!