Thread: Mecca of Speed

Threaded View

Mecca of Speed

About 9 months ago I heard that the professor that advises the FSAE race car team was planning on building a bike and taking it to Bonneville to try and set a land speed record after his retirement. I was surprised he hadn't told me about it and figured he had seen World's Fastest Indian and been tossing the idea around. Turns out, after talking to him he hadn't seen the movie and was serious about it. After promptly giving him a copy of the movie, I volunteered to help in any way I could.

For those that don't know him, this guy is the best teacher I've ever had and one hell of a guy to boot. You would never think he had a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, until he calculates the dynamic pressure gain at 100 mph on a subway napkin or the maximum attainable speed of a motorcycle given a certain horsepower on the side of a roll of masking tape, with no calculator mind you.

Anyhow, on with the build and trip, or some of it. I took as many pics as I had time to take.

Here's the link to all of the photos. If you want a large version of any of the pictures just click on them, twice, in this link (not the thread) or save the small version (in the thread) and send it to me and I will send the large one back to you.

http://tamor.us/members-rigs/Speed-Week-2007?page=1
    Last edited by agjohn02; 12-04-2007 at 05:21 PM.