Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: EL BORRACHO - 71 Jimmy

found this doing research tonight:

You need a 27 spline NP205, coupler, and Factory adaptor from that was from a TH350. then you need either an aftermarket Tailshaft, or the easier route is to add a 1.5" spacer to the tailhousing between the adaptor, pretty simple fix. The 4L60E's tailhousing pattern is the same as the TH350, so the adaptor will bolt right up like it was meant to be there.

The 27 spline NP205's were found behind TH350's in 1969-1972, 1974, and 1980.

Let me know if you have problems finding the NP205 or any other parts. The factory adaptor might be tough, as they often cracked at the feet.
    and this:

You need to do a VSS (vehicle speed sensor) Swap into the NP205 rear output to retain your speedo.

You can read about thsi in the product reviews sectyion @ www.coloradok5.com, its where the review the ORD doubler.

To put a NP205 behind a 4l60E, you need either an aftermakret tailshaft, or a driveline spacer. Search on CK5 with +700r and +205. The 700R is the same trans as a 4L60E.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Is the case/pan on a 700R4 the same as a 4160e as in the previous post?
    So you loose, I win!

You can also cut down the tailshaft of a 700R4, etc... to fit a 205 on the rear.

Why not just swap over to a chain driven case? Find a NP241 that is a passenger side drop. They are a little harder to find, but not bad.

It's much easier shifting a chain driven case, they have lower gears, and they are shift on the fly. I think they are better suited for what your intentions are.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

jerry do you have to get it inspected before transfering the title where you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Since its going to see more road use then anything else i want the overdrive.
    Big tires? but only in the back...I know a guy w/ a cummins who says that is the way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    jerry do you have to get it inspected before transfering the title where you live?
    I'm assuming you have to do this in some counties?

I think you should be able to transfer the title without getting it registered. I've done that before.

I'm not sure why you're asking this, so maybe I should keep my trap shut!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    I'm not sure why you're asking this, so maybe I should keep my trap shut!
    its some gayness that Dallas County just started, and because of it my dad has 2 vehicles not in his name.

I figured Harris is just as smoggy and would have the same rule, and just getting the tpi running might let him switch it over sooner and then he knows he's officially cut any remaining ties with the PO. these are smog exempt vehicles too. maybe they do it to keep vehicle title fraud from happening, i don't know.

Passenger side np241's are too hard to find. For a DD, use a np208.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Passenger side np241's are too hard to find. For a DD, use a np208.
    They are hard to find for a $100. Spend a little more and they aren't too bad.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by robertf03
    its some gayness that Dallas County just started, and because of it my dad has 2 vehicles not in his name.

I figured Harris is just as smoggy and would have the same rule, and just getting the tpi running might let him switch it over sooner and then he knows he's officially cut any remaining ties with the PO. these are smog exempt vehicles too. maybe they do it to keep vehicle title fraud from happening, i don't know.
    I dont live in harris county, i live in montgomery county, which im pretty sure is not a smog county. I havent tried to get the title in my name yet so im not sure. When I tried to get my motorcycle titled in texas, they said it had to be inspected in tx first since it was title in NJ previously.
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo
    dude, it's a SBC and TPI...there are only two questions on this engine? Is it getting fuel? Is it getting spark? Once the answer is yes to these questions, it will be fine. If it has rod knock or burns oil once it's running, then you can worry about replacing it. It won't cost much more than time to try. Also, if power is a concern, it shouldn't be. A TPI smallblock will make an assload of torque. Plus, the tranny is already mated up to a transfercase and you already have driveshafts correct?

i agree with fred on this.

5.3l's are cheap. 4l60e's are not. total was about $1400.

I dont have to get it inspected pre-title transfer....here is the info from the tax assessor's site.

Transferring A Texas Title:

Seller:

Sign the back of the Texas Title
    On the back of the title, complete the buyer's name, complete address and odometer reading (if vehicle is less than 10 model years old)
    Sign the form 130-U (Title Application, line 22)
    If the vehicle is currently registered, provide the buyer with the registration receipt
    Buyer:

Sign the back of the title (if the vehicle is less than 10 model years old)
    Sign the form 130-U (Title Application, line 23)
    Transfer the title within 20 working days
    Provide proof of insurance
    Provide Social Security Number

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For New Residents of Texas:

Obtain Proof of Liability Insurance for the vehicle you wish to register
    Have the vehicle inspected, in the County of residence, at a state-approved Safety Inspection Station. You will receive a Vehicle Identification Certificate (Form VI-30-A) for a passing vehicle.
    Register the vehicle at the Tax Office. Bring the following: Proof of Insurance, Vehicle Inspection, Negotiable Out of State Title and the Application for Texas Certificate of Title (Form 130-U)
    There is an addition $90.00 new resident fee at time of registration
    So you loose, I win!

my theory is this. I'm going to spend an assload on body work/paint to get this thing into the shape i want it in. I'm in no hurry. Why run an engine that i dont want? If i was in a hurry to get it running, i could see your point, but im not.
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    my theory is this. I'm going to spend an assload on body work/paint to get this thing into the shape i want it in. I'm in no hurry. Why run an engine that i dont want? If i was in a hurry to get it running, i could see your point, but im not.

sell that thing, buy my scout, save yourself the trouble

sure.
    So you loose, I win!