Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: EL BORRACHO - 71 Jimmy

you should have seen the hot laps grayson pulled off in the hotel parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    badass in theory, but just a bunch of shat to wear out.
    I have heard this same argument used against four wheel drive.

Always remember, being baller is about having what you dont need.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Always remember, being baller is about having what you dont need.
    you of all people giving advice on how to be "baller" (ask your black friends, i dont think that is the preferred term anymore)

I'll admit quadrasteer is cool but i put in the same category as these features:

back up alarm - primarily used by people who cant back a car up (aka women)
    paddle shifter manual transmissions - primarily used by people who cant drive standard (aka women)
    automatic parallel parking - primarily used by people who cant park (aka women)
    quadrasteer - primarily used by people who cant figure out how long their car is and constantly bash curbs and have trouble backing in parking spots (aka women)
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quadrasteer is badass not only in tight parking lots. At speed the rear tires turn the same direction as the front wheels making lane changes more stable. It also makes backing a trailer easier.

Is it necessary? nope. Was it overpriced from the factory? Arguably, yes. Did they market it like **** by putting the lights and flares on there? Most certainly. You can't deny that making a truck that big have the turning radius of a civic is badass. My point being it is much more useful than the other crap you compared it to.

You can act like it isn't a pain in the ass to drive your big ass truck through parking lots, but I guarantee you and Samantha take her car for that very reason when going somewhere in the city where you're going to park in a garage.

That and your license is revoked
    Last edited by BMFScout; 11-01-2007 at 04:27 PM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    Quadrasteer is badass not only in tight parking lots. At speed the rear tires turn the same direction as the front wheels making lane changes more stable. It also makes backing a trailer easier.

Is it necessary? nope. Was it overpriced from the factory? Arguably, yes. Did they market it like **** by putting the lights and flares on there? Most certainly. You can't deny that making a truck that big have the turning radius of a civic is badass. My point being it is much more useful than the other crap you compared it to.

You can act like it isn't a pain in the ass to drive your big ass truck through parking lots, but I guarantee you and Samantha take her car for that very reason when going somewhere in the city where you're going to park in a garage.

That and your license is revoked
    Actually we take samantha's car because she bashes curbs with my truck all the time, sucks at backing it up, and she hasnt mastered the 6spd very well. And prior to the reason you put in black, im usually to drunk to drive home. I made it through 2 years of living in the north with my truck, where the parking lots are made for compact cars only, sans quadrasteer.

The wheels turning at speed isnt new and innovative, the preludes did it in the 90's (consequently when samantha's mom looked at one and the salesman was really pushing the rearsteer, i said "cool, but seems like more crap to wear out)

According to wikipedia that sh!t was 5g's. If having a good turning radius is worth 5 g's, more power to you, to me it isnt. If you pulled trailers all day everyday, i can see it maybe being a viable option, but I'd rather just bring krebs along and have him back it up for me
    Last edited by jerryg79; 11-01-2007 at 05:22 PM.
    So you loose, I win!

i like this one. Thoughts on the black grill? I like it, something different.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    So you loose, I win!

That front bumper ****s up the truck's chi.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

1970s american vehicles don't have chi
    I like the black grille
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Is a painted grill different? I thought every red neck painted their grill when it gets scratched to hell... well I guess most red necks i know painted thiers white.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Actually we take samantha's car because she bashes curbs with my truck all the time, sucks at backing it up, and she hasnt mastered the 6spd very well. And prior to the reason you put in black, im usually to drunk to drive home. I made it through 2 years of living in the north with my truck, where the parking lots are made for compact cars only, sans quadrasteer.

The wheels turning at speed isnt new and innovative, the preludes did it in the 90's (consequently when samantha's mom looked at one and the salesman was really pushing the rearsteer, i said "cool, but seems like more crap to wear out)

According to wikipedia that sh!t was 5g's. If having a good turning radius is worth 5 g's, more power to you, to me it isnt. If you pulled trailers all day everyday, i can see it maybe being a viable option, but I'd rather just bring krebs along and have him back it up for me
    really I just like fawking up your thread with this quadrasteer drivel.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

quadrasteer in the last year 2 yrs was a 2k option and it was bundled w/ autoride and some other stuff. I think I can handle driving a suburban in traffic seeing how I use to drive a tractor trailer w/ a 8 bin grain hauler in Houston and others places tighter than that on people's ranches. I like it for what Jimmy said about w/ a trailer. Also, my driveway is really tight, so 4 wheel steer makes it where I don't have to back up turning in when I come from another direction. Plus, when I'm Downtown going up and down alleys checking out lots, etc. I don't have to back up....just turn and I can bust a U-turn in a normal residential street. When I'm in parking lots I don't have to file a flight plan for a space before I make a move on it. It's a lot of stuff to wear out...the same **** you have in the front of a 4wd truck....I just pretend I own two trucks! Makes me feel better!
    Also turns out when you buy a used one they sell for the same amount as the a 2 wheel steer truck and suburban's don't have the gay fenders (I agree on the PU's fenders) just oversized flares.

EDIT: PS the black grill looks gay! In fact the whole paint scheme black wheel arches, rockers, w/ the red etc looks gay! I thought you were going for the mall crawler look? It looks fairly redneck.
    Last edited by Graystroke; 11-02-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    blah, blah, what everyone else said, just a day later

EDIT: PS the black grill looks gay! In fact the whole paint scheme black wheel arches, rockers, w/ the red etc looks gay! I thought you were going for the mall crawler look? It looks fairly redneck.
    i wouldn't do above the wheels, just the bottom of the rockers like it is now. I plan on keeping the reddish orange it is now, with gunmetal on the bottom rockers. I think i want to run h2's powdercoated to match. That guy hacked the shat out of his fenders too, which i dont plan to do.
    So you loose, I win!

black grill is cool. bumper makes it look like my truck where you can see all my kibbles and bits. top is gay. tires too small for fenders or something.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

True Hollywood Stry
    im not a fan of the black grille
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!

I think i want to run h2's powdercoated to match.
    i have a set of h2 rims ill sell you