Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: EL BORRACHO - 71 Jimmy

computer case doesn't need to be grounded. They sit in a plastic craddle from the factory.

marine-tex on the top.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

That thing is cool looking! I always loved that body style.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Put this in El Borracho

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/pts/806152434.html

it's been on there for months so I'm guessing he is very negotiable

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    YES, multiple the purchase price by 4.75 percent, brilliant!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    YES, multiple the purchase price by 4.75 percent, brilliant!
    where's my other $99k????
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I menat by 4.75 times. Accounting error, I was getting some help from the Enron exec's
    -Karl
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I've been doing a little work on El Borracho, as some of you might remember a previous owner had put a fuel injected engine in it with a "store bought" wiring harness. The engine was bored out, had a cam, new oil pump, etc... However the previous owners never could get the truck to run. I started by checking for spark, it had spark, then checked to see if the injectors were firing with noid lights, they were firing. The entire time the starter made a death noise.... Next I checked for fuel pressure. The previous owner had installed a pressure gauge on the fuel rail, it indicated no pressure.

I could hear the fuel pump running when you "keyed on" the truck, so I went under to look at the fuel pump install. Here is what I found.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

As you can see the previous owner installed the fuel pump relatively high when compared to the fuel tank. Also he placed the fuel filter in between the tank and pump. Both of these were not allowing the pump to prime. I hooked a hand pump into the line and broke a line at the engine (the schrader valve had the fuel pressure gauge on it), then I primed it. Then I reconnected everything and keyed the engine a few times, it started up after about the third try. Ran very well, sounds good, surprisingly little smoke for as long as it has been sitting. Oil pressure looked good.

As mentioned the starter sounded like arse, so I went to look at that. My initial thought was that the radio frequency from satelite tv had hit a harmonic note on the wire leading to the starter. This of course caused the starter to vibrate violently creating the noise. Once I took a look at it, I had a different diagnoses....
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I went to O'reilly's to get a new starter. I was going to buy the more expensive starter, but they only had one in stock, seriously how does O'reilly's only have one starter for a small block chevy???

Anywho replaced it, it started well. Next I needed to break the cam in, so I hooked all the cooling lines up and then started and went through a cam break in procedure. Then I shut the engine off, and went to bolting the seat in, I wanted to drive this thing!

Unfortunately at this point the new starter seemed to take a crap, which leads us to this thread:

http://www.tamor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10902
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I took the crap starter back to O'reilly's and got another of the same. We'll see if it was just a crap starter or something more. Plus this was free and got me going today.

You know they say when you buy someone else's failed project that you are buying their problems, and that proved true today. I installed the starter, put the t-case in gears (it has a half assed twin stick) I put the front shaft in neutral and the rear in low, started the truck, drove it down my driveway and back. Then I backed it into place, it does not have a fan so I did not want to over heat it. Stepped out and I saw a puddle under the middle of the truck, looked under neath and saw this.
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

-Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

looks like you could just buy that at a parts house...i don't know **** about 205's...looks like it is just a seal housing. should be el cheapo at a parts house...just go down to your local tranny rebuild place and they probably have one holding a door open somewhere in the shop.

Yeah, I'm kind of curious what is going on inside this T-case that made it do that...
    -Karl
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I bet the driveshaft somehow caused that, I would check to see if it has any bind marks on it.