Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: EL BORRACHO - 71 Jimmy

fbronco86
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572656

these shifters any good? Any that are better, or anything i should know?

The guy already modified the rails, so in theory all i need is the shifters.

I've been out of the game too long, and havent kept up with all this crap.
    The eb homos seem to like them....

I am pretty sure everyone has copied everyone else so it really does not matter which ones you get. From what I have read they all bind up and will piss you off at somepoint.

I will leave my eb stock I dont see the need for a light duty trail rig to be twin sticked.

neither do i, but the guy started it, so i've got to deal with what i got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

I have a 205 with the single shifter crap minus the stick. I'm sure you could find the stick for free from all these people doing twin sticks. It's not hard to reverse the process.

Edit: you can edit your profile to say you own El Borracho!
    Last edited by Doug Krebs; 09-25-2007 at 08:48 AM.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    I got an idear, just lift it so the fat girls cant get in and it will be Rowdy proofed.

Where there is a will, a bottle of Jim, and a ladder. There is a way!

The shifters are only $113. Its my bday present. The old shifter was in the back of the truck, if i decide i dont like it.
    So you loose, I win!

fbronco86
    The shifters are only $113. Its my bday present. The old shifter was in the back of the truck, if i decide i dont like it.
    I would have used a pair of vise grips and put it in 2wheel high and spent that 113 bucks on something that would make it driveable.

From what I remember it looked like he welded crap onto the shift rails. You might want to make sure he didn't botch the shift rails so much that you can't put that kit on. I'm going completely from a 5 second look under the truck, so you maybe ok.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by fbronco86
    I would have used a pair of vise grips and put it in 2wheel high and spent that 113 bucks on something that would make it driveable.
    you would have fun with vice grips, i took the old shifter and crammed it in there and got it to slide some, but not enough i dont think.
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    From what I remember it looked like he welded crap onto the shift rails. You might want to make sure he didn't botch the shift rails so much that you can't put that kit on. I'm going completely from a 5 second look under the truck, so you maybe ok.
    i think you're right, there are some taps welded on there, what a canadian, same with those brackets for the shackle flip, $300 and not be a canadian.

So you have the shift rails, i'll buy them off of you. I thought about just trying to trade transfer cases, but the folder full of receipts has a receipt for a transfer case rebuild kit, so its been redone recently.
    So you loose, I win!

fbronco86
    you would have fun with vice grips, i took the old shifter and crammed it in there and got it to slide some, but not enough i dont think.
    Its whatever

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    i think you're right, there are some taps welded on there, what a canadian, same with those brackets for the shackle flip, $300 and not be a canadian.

So you have the shift rails, i'll buy them off of you. I thought about just trying to trade transfer cases, but the folder full of receipts has a receipt for a transfer case rebuild kit, so its been redone recently.
    Think about that. Do you really trust a transfercase that was rebuilt by a canadian?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

are there any differences in the shift rails of the early vs. later chevy 205's?
    So you loose, I win!

Yes one of the pair are different lengths IIRC.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

are there any differences in the shift rails of the early vs. later chevy 205's?
    I'll trade you rails as long as they are useable... I have the old one's
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Cool I'll try to drop the tcase before the OSU game and throw it in the truck.
    So you loose, I win!