Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: EL BORRACHO - 71 Jimmy

there is a texas property code somewhere that says what they can do. I'm sure they can fine and possibly tow it at my expense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

how do you know if the letter is even from the HOA? Maybe some jackass is just writing the letter... should the letters havbe come from a lawyers office? Should have at least come from someone on the board or the president....I would call the president up and ask WTF? can't hurt since you're mving it anyway...and you can tell them that too while you're on the phone so to let them know they didn't win..you just quit.

Borracho went to his temporary resting place this morning. The storage place is right across the street.

It was supposed to be $25/month, but i talked aggie football with the guy and he gave me "a deal" for $15/month. If i'd know it was that cheap i'd have probably put it there anyway, just so i could park in the driveway.
    So you loose, I win!

So I've made some engine decisions. I'm quite positive i want to run fuel injection, but not the setup I have and not the motor i have. I want to ditch both as I dont know the history of either.

I want to drop in a motor that came with stock fuel injection and an overdrive tranny, but I'm unsure of what combinations will work with my tcase, without an adapter. I've heard you cant run a 205 behind a 5.3 with overdrive tranny without a custom output.

What about a vortec motor or TBI motor. If I went with the TBI motor I've read good things about Bowtie Overdrives 700R4s, but dont know anyone that has one.

I guess I need to find out what transfercases are interchangable with a 205...

Need to do some research i guess.
    So you loose, I win!

5.3s are cheaper than vortecs or tbis at the j-yards.

Quote Originally Posted by agjohn02
    5.3s are cheaper than vortecs or tbis at the j-yards.
    yeah scott told me that once, how much did yours run with the tranny, ballpark?
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    Blah...
    If you don't plan on wheeling it hard, why not just swap in an entire later model drive train. Engine, tranny, and t-case. If something was electronic, i.e. the tranny, it would already have the vss or whatever on the t-case. Also the chain driven cases have a better ratio than the 205. Only catch is the drop of the t-case...

5.3 or 6.0 would be sweet
    1988 Blazer...RIP

this being a toy and not a dd (ie reliability is not imperative), why do you want to pull the current stuff out, and why do you not want to run the TPI stuff you have? Wouldn't you rather have a driver in a long afternoon (or maybe weekend) than a project for the next 6 months-5 years? You'll also get a lot more selling a running motor and injection setup than a mystery motor. Or is there a reason that getting it running in its current state is no longer a possibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    dude, it's a SBC and TPI...there are only two questions on this engine? Is it getting fuel? Is it getting spark? Once the answer is yes to these questions, it will be fine. If it has rod knock or burns oil once it's running, then you can worry about replacing it. It won't cost much more than time to try. Also, if power is a concern, it shouldn't be. A TPI smallblock will make an assload of torque. Plus, the tranny is already mated up to a transfercase and you already have driveshafts correct?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

lowballing someone
    brians blazer has a tbi 350 700r4 and 241 in a 1990
    is ur 205 round or figure 8 pattern
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

If it comes down to it, ill buy the fool injecton.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs
    If you don't plan on wheeling it hard, why not just swap in an entire later model drive train. Engine, tranny, and t-case. If something was electronic, i.e. the tranny, it would already have the vss or whatever on the t-case. Also the chain driven cases have a better ratio than the 205. Only catch is the drop of the t-case...

5.3 or 6.0 would be sweet
    If you just don't feel like messing with the current TPI, this is what I would suggest. From what it sounded like when you got this thing, it would be more of a cruisin'/light wheeling truck, so the extra beef of a 205 wouldn't really be necessary.
    BDR

No matter what gets done, I think that the end result will end up taking as much time and money, and might be ****tier. (carb)
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

I plan on pretty much pulling the body off the frame anyway, i see no reason why i shouldnt change the motor out for something i know some techhole hasnt hacked and cludged together. Since its going to see more road use then anything else i want the overdrive.
    So you loose, I win!

700r4?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller