Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Powedercoating

Powedercoating

Anybody had anything powder coated around town? I'm looking at picking up some running boards for the Tundra, but they are polished stainless, which I don't like. I just want them satin black. I'd thougth about just painting, but it'll chip off fairly quick from the sound of all the rocks hitting my truck when I pull off the site.

I've only been able to find 1 powder coating company here in Austin, and they quoted $150-200 for the ~7' long boards, which seems kind of pricey to me, maybe not.

theres a place in navasota that has some affiliation with the club. someone else can elaborate im sure.

For powder coating, that really aint bad

Honestly I have no idea what it should cost, that just seemed expensive. For that price I could just get them Line-X'd.

there is a place in hutto. let me find out their # and ill get back with you.

BIGJIMMY
    there was a place in cedar park (north of austin) called akin powdercoating, they suck and they shouldnt be in business. My bro went to them first and they screwed his stuff up, so he went to the guy in hutto, pretty sure there is only one guy in hutto, and they did a really good job. So try the guy in hutto. I dont know what his name is tho...

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    Honestly I have no idea what it should cost, that just seemed expensive. For that price I could just get them Line-X'd.
    I would look into the line-x. I had my bed sprayed with it over the summer and really like it. The powdercoat on my brushguard has already rubbed through from bump gates where as I've know people that have their's line x'd and it holds up much better. Also, my stupid nerfbars the truck came with are powdercoated and the bottom side is flaking from rocks. Luckily they'll be getting refinished thanks to the stupid biya that hit my truck and then getting sold
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

sprayin' the house down CheapJeep's Avatar
    Get them line-x'd, rhino line'd, or whatever. My dad line-x'd alot of the exterior stuff on his truck. It looks good and holds up really well.
    1974 CJ5-The BarnBurner

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler View Post
    Robbie is the Charlie Daniels of the super swamper.

My only problem with Line-X is the stuff turning gray after a couple years.

I've got to get the things here from Whale's Vagina, CA here first, then I'll figure out what to do and how much I want to spend.

Tyler, let me know if/when you find that guys number.

most of the spray in liners that have turned colors and looked like crap that I've seen have been rhino. Line-x also has some new additive that you can have added that is warrantied against fading.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

For $150.

scholars maintain it was lost in traslation

tedmen1123
    There is a place in bryan called Texas Truck Riggins. They do powdercoating. Im not sure if they are any good I just saw the sign in the store. Its all the way down S. college. Cross Villa Maria and its across from the Golf course on the right side of the street.

ill be your pickup man
    Texas Custom Coaters in Navasota. They did my axles and did a good job. I can not remember his name, but he sometimes comes to the meetings. He used to drive a YJ with a 4.3
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

David Keeling or Keelan or whatever. Tell that sum***** he owes me 5 bucks...errrr something.
    Last edited by BMFScout; 09-27-2007 at 11:30 AM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.