Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: car hauler

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    Was thinking about a trailer the other day after we talked and thought about this...

http://www.uhaul.com/guide/index.asp...-autotransport

$50 to rent for a weekend and they have 79.5" wide decks on the "newer models". I think you were talking about an 83" wide deck or something, but this could work for the Clayton trip with some changing out of tires.

I knew Uhaul had trailers, but knowing the way their stuff is taken care of, I'm leary of using it. I need to call around to some of the local trailer places and see if they rent car haulers or not.

but no one pulls their trailers over 45 mph, to do otherwise would be disregarding the warning prominently placed on the fender.

that countryside trailers place rents trailers i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

U-Haul trailers are ok. It's more like $80 for a couple of days, but it's not bad in a pinch. There are strap loops all over the trailer in the middle section so I just drove over the tire straps and used my own. They have inertia brakes, also, so you can get away with not having trailer brakes on your truck. Just tell them you're moving and you have a couple of project cars that need to be moved over the weekend, they charge more if you leave town.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    I knew Uhaul had trailers, but knowing the way their stuff is taken care of, I'm leary of using it. I need to call around to some of the local trailer places and see if they rent car haulers or not.
    I rented one from a place in bryan, then ended up buying the trailer & they deducted the rental fee from the price ($1k-$125). It's a larger tandem with beefier axles (3700# I think?). The place is on the right while heading toward the bend in Bryan. IF they are still in business, Cliff was the owner when I went.
    Thanks,
    Chris Scotti
    1988 Suzuki Samurai buggy

i rented a utility trailer from a place out west on 21 that sells trailers once to go get my tahoe at lake somerville when the fuel pump went out. it wasnt too expensive iirc.

Registered
    when is clayton??? I work at a u-haul place so i could probably get a deal on a trailer but i would then need a ride to clayton. any takers?

You can ride with me in the crewcab. The trip is Dec. 13-16
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

I think I found a good deal here in houston, hopefully I'll know for sure in a day or so