Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket car stereo in a later model chevy?

They also don't have aux input on the front nor do they play mp3s. I was just hoping someone would have a picture of one of the kits installed

on dodge stereos you can get a deal that plugs into the cd changer input on the back of the stereo that makes it into a head phone jack. This is how i have my ipod and xm hooked up. Maybe chevy has something similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Hippy, what year tahoe did you end up buying?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

I'll try to find a picture of the radio I had in my old Ford. It mounted the radio in the upper portion of the opening and there was a little pocket on the bottom that you could stick stuff (pen, notepad, mail, etc.) in. It wasn't much, but it looked a lot better than having just plastic all around the faceplate.

Heres mine.

I'll get a picture of my buddys touch screen later.

edit- I hat the way they stick out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 10-10-2007 at 03:54 PM.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    on dodge stereos you can get a deal that plugs into the cd changer input on the back of the stereo that makes it into a head phone jack. This is how i have my ipod and xm hooked up. Maybe chevy has something similar?

Did you get it from dodge or somewhere else? I need something like that that will plug into the back of my stock radio (AM/FM, no CD or cassete).

Feller Crutchfield's has a pigtail like that for my truck. Fits in between the factory pigtail and the factory stereo. It's like $140 though.
    That adapter looks fine, if I can get it in matching tan. Another pocket would be nice.
    Fred I got a 98. It's black
    98 was definitely a year with intake issues, right? Gonna head to the dealer and pick up a gasket and a fuel pump for when that goes out (111k and never been replaced. I figure mine's got 14k tops left on it, probably less, since the fuel filter looked original)

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    Did you get it from dodge or somewhere else? I need something like that that will plug into the back of my stock radio (AM/FM, no CD or cassete).
    i got the part # off tdr and it cost me like $15. THe chevy's might have rca jacks on the back, but i doubt they would be that logical.

I'll see if i can dig up the website.
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    Feller Crutchfield's has a pigtail like that for my truck. Fits in between the factory pigtail and the factory stereo. It's like $140 though.
    That adapter looks fine, if I can get it in matching tan. Another pocket would be nice.
    Fred I got a 98. It's black
    98 was definitely a year with intake issues, right? Gonna head to the dealer and pick up a gasket and a fuel pump for when that goes out (111k and never been replaced. I figure mine's got 14k tops left on it, probably less, since the fuel filter looked original)
    yes 98 had intake issues.....
    So you loose, I win!

if you order a head unit from crutchfield they will give you an install kit, which includes a pigtail and the adapter plate for free, i know when i orderded my head unit from them, the adapter plate they sent me was made out of metal not plastic
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/

here is the website, i looked at my old email from them and it was $70 for it but it was well worth it.

i think that went from cd changer input to rca jacks and i had to buy another adapter for $15 to go from rca to head phone. You can probably find that cheaper on cables-to-go or some place like that, but I needed it all asap then and i was nigga rich.
    Last edited by jerryg79; 10-10-2007 at 06:01 PM.
    So you loose, I win!

My old truck had RCA jacks under the driver's seat. I always figured it was not stock but I kinda think my tahoe has them in the same place, I'll check.
    Tommy what kind of vehicle was that kit for?

What if you just installed a regular faceplate and lined the inside of the gap with something to match the dash? Then you could have a little storage compartment under your radio.
    I may not be able to run with the big dogs, but I can limp with the pack.

i have ordered head units from them, i think the only steel ones were for my ford and my brothers ford truck, but they have all have came with the adapter and harnesses, the other ones were for a 01 ford ranger and the other a 03 chevy s10

the wire harness makes it nice b/c you dont have to cut and splice into the factory side
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

only canadians dont use harnesses. if they are already cut, put a reverse harness on.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller