Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket car stereo in a later model chevy?

ill be your pickup man
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo
    A buddy just put one in his 07 f150 and it ran him about $700. Thats too much if you ask me but it does look good (coming from someone who thinks screens are dumb as hell).

You will pay alot more for a good one. I did. Mine sits flush and look factory. GPS is awesome and it does alot more, including DVDs, Siruis, blah blah blah.

FOr a 98 Chevy, get a single DIN and the regular install kit. It really doesnt look bad. I have seen 1.5 din Pioneer setups in 95-99 Chevys and it looks really dumb.
    Last edited by JB; 10-10-2007 at 10:40 PM.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I can't believe that's aftermarket John, that looks bad ass! Yeah I think I will just go with a good single DIN and an install kit, if I can find one in tan

just spray paint it
    Tommy Matheaus '06
    210-323-2546
    2004 F-140 4x4 DD
    1990 F-150 4x4 in the works
    1992 Jeep Cherokee basterdized

I intentionally chose the least rigged vehicle I could find in my price range. This vehicle will not be receiving the spraybomb treatment

The factory unit is nice, when I got mine it still had the plastic film covering the glass so it looked brand new after 8 years. Does suck they don't play mp3s though, which is the main reason I pulled mine out and put the headunit in the cruiser in the truck. I picked up the install kit from circuit city and the border around the faceplate actually matches and fits it pretty well with the rest of the dash. There was a piece you are supposed to put on as a 1/4" spacer that I forgot so the face plate is actually sitting flush with the dash and looks good. It's a '99 so I don't know how the dash/stereo differs. It's at the body shop this week otherwise I'd get a pic.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

'69 FJ-40, chevy383, sm420, 37's, RedNeckRam
    '08 Tundra SR5 Poser Douche Rig on 35's

if the speakers need to be replaced,and its extended cab 3rd door, have fun finding replacement speakers for the back. they are a wierd size and the hole is setup for specifically the stock speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Finding the speakers isn't so bad. It's removing the stupid rear bench seat and everything just to get that side panel off that's a royal PITA.
    Last edited by TxCruzr; 10-11-2007 at 07:11 AM.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

Quote Originally Posted by TxCruzr
    Finding the speakers isn't so bad. It's removing the stupid rear bench seat and everything just to get that side panel off that's a royal PITA.
    isnt yours a '99? I got the panel and everything off pretty easy, w/ out removing the bench seat. It wasnt fun that i remember, by any means though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown89
    You will pay alot more for a good one. I did. Mine sits flush and look factory. GPS is awesome and it does alot more, including DVDs, Siruis, blah blah blah.
    I dont know what his touch screen actualy cost, just that he gave his boss 700 for it. His fits in flush and has zero buttons, probably doesn't have GPS.

I thought GPS was only for soccer moms in SUVs?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo
    I thought GPS was only for soccer moms in SUVs?

...and chris scotti

Probably could have gotten that panel out with the seat just folded up but I think it's just 2 bolts holding it in and it seemed like it would make it easier. If they blow though they're not getting replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    if the speakers need to be replaced,and its extended cab 3rd door, have fun finding replacement speakers for the back. they are a wierd size and the hole is setup for specifically the stock speaker.
    If they are 4x10's then yah there are only two companies that make aftermarket speakers for them. I know this cause my burban has 4x10's in the back so I didnt have many options when it came to speaker selection. Eric, when you find a decent kit lemme know what you got. I'm probably gonna rob the system out of my suburban and put it in the crewcab so all I need is an install kit.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

aight I'm gonna wait until I see a pic of Joe's setup

It might be a week or so. I'm enjoying this rental car so they can take as long as they need