Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: I Need Help Replacing a Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless
    I remember seeing that on Sharpe's wall. The caption was "oh ****"
    i win, sharpe was 12 when i saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

sinse i'll be there anyway i can probably lend a helping hand or at least a finger

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    im gonna have to start a thread somewhere for the misuse of words i see and hear up here at work. for example - today my boss was filling out an accident report (for a wasp sting at that) and it had two fields - one was for race, the next for ethnicity. why you need seperate, i dont know, but it did. he got the race part right but the second part, the choices were hispanic, native american, and other. the guy is very white. prob irish. my boss looks at me, and in all seriousness says "lance is gonna be native american right?" then he goes on asking my why there isnt a chioce for american etc.

another example - one of the mechanics up here was writing up a car after a storm a while back and wrote that it had "hell damage on the roof and hood." i cant make this **** up.

my boss also says "ideal" EVERY time he is trying to say "idea"

also i have three names, my boss calls me set, his boss calls me zeth, and the aforementioned mechanic calls me "steph"

i just remembered the best one to date. we hired a new guy named JP a while back. well one day he pissed off the same mechanic, we'll call him David. David mutters to someone "i know what JP stands for: Giant *****." really. that just happened. so now he just calls him JPenis.
    You referring to David Stallings? i think he has a few screws loose... on the good side, he is the only one that said he would work on busses when it was discussed to move those mechanics over there. the rest of the "vatos" over there said that it was too much work, parts were too heavy, we got too dirty, blah, blah, blah....

who is your boss and your boss's boss?

there used to be a mechanic there(whose name escapes me right now) that was a serious klepto. anyway, we were at his "retirement" party and his son wanted to stand up and say a few words. he went on and on about how much his dad loved working up there. literally repeated the same thing over and over and over. towards the end he says "my dad loves his job so much, he takes the fastest route home in the evenings..." WTF? takes the fastest route away from work....definitely loves his job.

this same mechanic is the same one that said all of the following:
    1) Chuck Norris landed his helicopter in the back lot to pick him up for lunch.
    2) His kids bought him a 6x6 H1 for his birthday one year.
    3) He was driving his wrecker around one day and the person driving behind him was on his ass for miles. finally he got tired of it and lowered the sling on the wrecker, picked up the front of the car, and drove around for a while. all of this while driving down the road.

Possibly one of the best ones about this guy is that he had ~6 kids. the last one was half black. oh yeah.... his wife never cheated on him... ...kid was a miracle of nature...

i could go on and on....
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    i remember that picture from one of karl's engineering books - the caption was "did someone miscalculate"
    Yes I remember that book, it sucked. In addition I was the one who miscalculated, thus being why you should never trust rebar made from 2003 to 2006 or pipe from 2006 to present.

Coco Loco is good
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02
    Yes I remember that book, it sucked. In addition I was the one who miscalculated, thus being why you should never trust rebar made from 2003 to 2006 or pipe from 2006 to present.

Coco Loco is good
    how's ohio?
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    how's ohio?
    I am in the Beaumont of Ohio.

Seriously, instead of Ford Park (Beaumont) they have the Chevrolet Center (Youngstown).

Instead of Lamar they have Youngstown state, which is equally ****ty

It is amazingly white trash, the people talk like yankee hicks instead of the Beaumont redneck hicks.

In closing they do have bars with alcohol in them. And The Holiday Inn has HBO!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Steven - i think you are talking about roger. ive only heard stories. including how he came to work dirtier than some left.

I am talking about stallings - i like the guy, it does get old how he always wants to know what you are doing, makin sure you know that he is doin more, and no one else does anything. he can make some **** work, if its a lawn mower, gator, etc etc, he will make it run. spelling is just not his strong suit - and he will tell you that straight up.

my boss is ken, and his boss is don (philips). you would love it, wayne comes over all the time and calls me by my alias's. he gets a big kick out of it.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    Steven - i think you are talking about roger. ive only heard stories. including how he came to work dirtier than some left.

I am talking about stallings - i like the guy, it does get old how he always wants to know what you are doing, makin sure you know that he is doin more, and no one else does anything. he can make some **** work, if its a lawn mower, gator, etc etc, he will make it run. spelling is just not his strong suit - and he will tell you that straight up.

my boss is ken, and his boss is don (philips). you would love it, wayne comes over all the time and calls me by my alias's. he gets a big kick out of it.
    yeah i know don, he came over just before my last semester there. and no, hes not good with names. you would think he could remember the correct names of the few people he manages.
    Last edited by StevenAg03; 10-12-2007 at 10:04 AM.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Registered
    As far as the SAS that would be cool but I dont have the money and sure as the hell dont have the knowledge for something like that. And there aint nothing wrong with my grammar. ***

Quote Originally Posted by crain_christoph
    And there aint nothing wrong with my grammar. ***

Rowdy, meet your new best friend.

He has to be better than Booby or what ever his name is. Your thread has been offically HIJACKED!

ah dont worry crain, there just so happens to be a guy here who has done the swap - took no time!
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

so mazda. would that be a toy axle swap? or a F&R swap full width, waggy, etc?

Registered
    Now your starting to get over my head as far as the axle swap goes and what would be the best for my situation. Im guessing toy, because this is my DD and will remain that way till I win the lottery or graduate?? About how long would a SAS take?? Which would you do for your DD, Full Width or Toy?? And as far as the guy who is worried about my grammar, I was valedictorian of my high school class graduated with a 3.99 on a 4.0 scale. Im sorry I didnt use perfect grammar, I didnt realize I was turning this in for a grade.

Quote Originally Posted by crain_christoph
    Now your starting to get over my head as far as the axle swap goes and what would be the best for my situation. Im guessing toy, because this is my DD and will remain that way till I win the lottery or graduate?? About how long would a SAS take?? Which would you do for your DD, Full Width or Toy?? And as far as the guy who is worried about my grammar, I was valedictorian of my high school class graduated with a 3.99 on a 4.0 scale. Im sorry I didnt use perfect grammar, I didnt realize I was turning this in for a grade.
    3.99 SHEESH, can't you do better than that?!? Valedictorian and you came to A&M good god man. couldn't you have picked a better school!

I am just fawking with you man, but if you are going to learn to talk on a forum it helps to understand you. If the truck is your daily driver I wouldn't do an SAS. Also they are kind of fawking with you about the SAS because of a previous member...