Thread: Sunroof

crawlingno5

Sunroof

Anyone know any business that installs sunroofs? Preferably around the B/CS Houston area.

Thanks

Shaggy
    there is a pretty ghetto place in bryan that does them... it is on villa maria on the south side of texas... i cant remember the name though... what are you putting it in... or replacing it in

crawlingno5
    99 chevy reg cab truck

Krawler68
    ***...don't forget the fringe around the top of the cab and the lund moon visor... WTF?

crawlingno5
    ***, F-you doug. call me jose, but i want a sunroof.

Krawler68
    for all the smoke to leave so you don't get wet when you wanna light up and drive in the rain huh? Forkin smokers...

BigRedFord04
    I've always heard that aftermarket sunroofs will leak (water and wind) and in general be shˇtty.

yeah I have heard the same, and my exes (sp?) grandpa had one that sucked.
    Seth

When my brother got his Saturn the only feature it didn't have that he wanted was a sunroof, so the nice people at the Saturn dealer had a professional shop install one for him. It took about 15 mins in the rain for him to decide that he never wanted a sunroof again. The only time I didn't see that car with duct tape sealing the sunroof was when he got it detailed so he could trade it in.

just food for thought...

bigFAWKINranger
    sunroof huh? since i've heard what a pain in the ass a sunroof is, and i know for a fact they'll leak even if from the factory, as was my mom's leaky piece of chit, i recommend that you definatly get a sunroof thaxton. its a monumental pain in the a$$ that will make you miserable... i hope you go for it!

BigRedFord04
    maybe the water dripping on his head will help him grow some hair

crawlingno5
    sounds like i need to reconsider this thought. thanks for the advice

Screw that. In the vehicles the 5 I've owned, I've had a convertible and 3 sunroofs. It wasn't an option on '94 S10s, but I thought about adding one. I rolled it before I got around to looking real hard.

Open air rocks. I've really enjoyed my sunroofs, but they've all been OEM. But I think it's probably all in the product quality and installation. I find it hard to believe that all of mine worked so well (at 10+ years old), but ALL aftermarket ones suck. Someone must make good ones, but they are probably $$$.

~dso
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'