Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 85 Runner

That's awesome, I've never seen so many new parts go into a toyota rebuild. assembly techniques look similar to our though. More beer drinking than building.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I've rebuilt mine like three times - might have something to do with re-using old parts...
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    That's awesome, I've never seen so many new parts go into a toyota rebuild. assembly techniques look similar to our though. More beer drinking than building.
    Only things new is new cam, new pistons, timing chain and guide, oil pump and I think that is about it besides the usual bearings and seals and rebuild stuff. Most of the shiny stuff you see is cause I took the bench grinder to most of the parts to make a nice clean seal. I have a new oil trap coming today, new headers (as you can see ), new cat blah blah blah...

lowballing someone
    rv hehe, yea i got one of those
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

Coming along. Time to get back on the trail. Post more pics of the 4Runner. Come beat the piss out of the FJCruiser this weekend for old time sakes.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    I'm running 4:10's in the axles and 4.7:1 gears in the second case. It would suck to drive a long distance that way but it's do-able. I have driven it to college Station and back a time or two - but it sucks. You'll never see 5th gear unless your in low-low range...

So - if you want to drive it on the street, do the 5:29's and have them cryo'd. I would also set up a spare third member so you can be sure to make it home without pulling apart both axles...

I've broken one stock inner shaft, one T-case output, a set or two of rear V6 4:10 gears, and the rear welded spider gears.

I've since upgraded the front "old style" Bobby Long birfields to new 300M ones and went to 4340 shafts all around. Still a stock t-case output - I had a spare and it took like 9 years of abuse to break.
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    Coming along. Time to get back on the trail. Post more pics of the 4Runner. Come beat the piss out of the FJCruiser this weekend for old time sakes.
    That was the plan, but I didn't get enough work done on it last weekend and my faithful friends and crew (the ones who know all the ins and outs of this motor and more importantly how to hook up the hoses on the EFI ) only have next sunday to work before preparing for our Jamboree.

Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol
    I'm running 4:10's in the axles and 4.7:1 gears in the second case. It would suck to drive a long distance that way but it's do-able. I have driven it to college Station and back a time or two - but it sucks. You'll never see 5th gear unless your in low-low range...

So - if you want to drive it on the street, do the 5:29's and have them cryo'd. I would also set up a spare third member so you can be sure to make it home without pulling apart both axles...

I've broken one stock inner shaft, one T-case output, a set or two of rear V6 4:10 gears, and the rear welded spider gears.

I've since upgraded the front "old style" Bobby Long birfields to new 300M ones and went to 4340 shafts all around. Still a stock t-case output - I had a spare and it took like 9 years of abuse to break.

Thanks, I have definitely decided to go 5.29's. I will definitely get longs all around. Hey it is only money right?

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07
    Thanks, I have definitely decided to go 5.29's. I will definitely get longs all around. Hey it is only money right?
    Jesus, need a business associate?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    Jesus, need a business associate?
    Why do I need a business associate to help me go into debt?!?

Ah, financing the truck build, always a great idea!

I've talked myself into only spending wallet cash on the 4runner thus far.

twas a joke my good friend, I am not financing anything. I have a goal of March 9, to be wheelable. That is my birthday and when I would like to be wheeling the Truck at LSLC Roundup in Katemcy. Christmas Bonus's do help tho. (Once you set aside the stuff for buying a house yeesh...)

twas a joke my good friend, I am not financing anything. I have a goal of March 9, to be wheelable. That is my birthday and when I would like to be wheeling the Truck at LSLC Roundup in Katemcy. Christmas Bonus's do help tho. (Once you set aside the stuff for buying a house yeesh...)
    Ah, bonuses, I forgot those existed, the ****tiness of working for an employee owned company...

I might have to try and make this one to watch, Katemcy is just too close to me now.

Why do I need a business associate to help me go into debt?!?

He's getting married,so thats help enought