Thread: 302 valve adjustment?

ill be your pickup man

302 valve adjustment?

I removed one of the heads from my 302 and am now putting everything back together. I installed the pushrods and am now tightening down the rockers to about 20 ft/lbs. Is there any way to adjust the valves? Some people tell me it is a non-adjustable valve train, others say I have to set them. What do I need to do?

I am unable to twist the pushrods once I tighten them to 20ft/lbs, but am able to turn them on the head that I did not remove. Is that OK?

Thanks
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    since they use bolts instead of studs, there is no need for adjustment. all you have to do is torque them down to 18-25 ft/lbs.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

BigRedFord04
    i have a feeling i'll be referring back to this thread soon...see "Need Help"...

bigFAWKINranger
    Originally posted by BigRedFord04
    i have a feeling i'll be referring back to this thread soon...see "Need Help"...
    i'm calling wells racing for you tomorrow, and as i recall you wanted me to price having them do some minor porting and a 3* valve job.

BigRedFord04
    make sure you get the basic head rework price too...check for cracks, consistency, etc...and maybe need a couple of valves...