Thread: 2008 Lone Star Toyota Jamboree

2008 Lone Star Toyota Jamboree

2008 Lone Star Toyota Jamboree!!

I'm looking forward to seeing y'all again at the 2008 Lone Star Toyota Jamboree in North Texas. We chose this location so it'd be convenient to our friends in Oklahoma / Kansas / Missouri / Arkansas / Louisiana / Alabama.

Members of TLCA clubs in the states I mentioned are going to make the trip, so you can too!

This should once again be the largest gathering of Toyota off-road enthusiasts and vendors held in Texas!

The Toyota Trail Riders are proud to announce that Driver Registration is now open for the Lone Star Toyota Jamboree! (Passenger registrations will be at the gate)

The event will be held at the Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area in Gilmer, TX from January 17th-20th.

This fun-filled event put on in conjunction with Toyota is to raise awareness for Texas Motorized Trails Coalition (TMTC) and to promote camaraderie among all Toyota off-road enthusiasts. There will be nationally known sponsors, magazine coverage, and as of now, Toyota is planning on bringing the FJ Cruiser Trail Team for test drives on the trails!

Just like last year, the entire park will be closed! That’s right, closed just for our event. This means that your only fee is the registration, which still only $50! We are very thankful to Toyota for making it possible to not only hold the fees down at last year’s rate and close the park for us.

Just $50 gets you a weekend of wheeling, with your camping and park use fees covered! In addition, drivers will receive a limited edition (drivers-only) t-shirt, a meal ticket for some great Texas BBQ, a ticket to a drivers-only raffle, and much, much more!

In order for this to be as successful and fun as it can be we are asking for Driver Registration now. This will enable us to better continuing to solicit sponsorships and prizes as well as plan for the event and the meal.

Please go here: Lone Star Toyota Jamboree and register today!

If you encounter any problems please let us know.
    registration@toyotatrailriders.com

Registration will close at 100 vehicles or December 31st, 2007 (whichever comes first), after then registration will be at the gate on a space available basis only, so register today to reserve your spot!

I know it's a haul for some of you, but if you register now we'll save some Shiner for you!

Here’s the itinerary:

Thursday, January 17th: The Park will open at 6:00 PM Thursday for early arrivals only if they have pre-registered.

Those pre-registered early arrivals may only set up camp, there is absolutely no wheeling permitted Thursday.

Friday, January 18th: Free Range, meaning the park is yours to explore. There will be experienced Trail Guides available to show you around at a level and pace you are comfortable with. Friday night there will be night runs ranging from easy scenic rides to extreme madness in the moonlight!

Saturday, January 19th:

8:30 AM: Mandatory driver's meeting at the Pavilion. The organized, 'guided' runs will begin no later than 9:00AM.

12:00 PM: Meet back up at the Pavilion (south of the rock garden) for a group picture and to meet our sponsors and visitors from Toyota.

1:00PM: The events begin- these will be fun events with something for everyone:

A Timed Run through a course set up at the new & improved Rock Garden! There will be courses for all vehicle & driver skill levels with winners in each category.

A "Trust Your Spotter" blind folded run: Another timed event, this will also be through the Rock Garden!

A “Powder Puff” run (for those who have signed up), so the wives/GF’s who don't usually get to wheel have the opportunity to compete on a light trail with Christie Baer leading the group!

The rest of the afternoon is wide open to wheeling. Again, Trail Guides will be available to show you around at a level and pace you are comfortable with.

Around 6:00PM, we’ll meet at the Pavilion for Texas style BBQ, some awards & honorable mentions and of course, the raffle!

Then we all can rest, repair & prepare for the night run!

Sunday, January 20th: Free Range to continue exploring the park. BMRA closes at 7:00PM.

Bring plenty of film, this promises to be a blast for vehicles and drivers of every level!

Ah damnit, I thought this was in late February for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman
    You suck at life. I don't think my runner will be done in time so I will be ***** wheeling the FJC at it... It should be a good time as long as a monsoon doesn't come like it did last year.

Well I won't have anything built, so I'll probably just fag out.

Pops not taking the FJ?

Thinking of the LSLC Cruiser Roundup?
    BDR

Well I won't have anything built, so I'll probably just fag out.

Pops not taking the FJ?
    Oh he is, but I am never driving that thing again. I thought I broke a birf and we decided to change it in camp, got it apart found it wasn't broke, changed both hubs in camp, it was still clicking, then I did a wheel stand and put it into a wall doing "whatever" at BMRA... I just have bad luck with that old 40 and I am no longer wheeling it.

right...."bad luck"
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Quote Originally Posted by mudtoy67
    Thinking of the LSLC Cruiser Roundup?
    when is that?

I'm thinking a trip to gilmer in febuary would be fun. I would go earlier, but I'm going to michigan in january and that will pretty much eat all my extra cash for that month

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=190044

check out google.com its this great new search site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    when is that?

I'm thinking a trip to gilmer in febuary would be fun. I would go earlier, but I'm going to michigan in january and that will pretty much eat all my extra cash for that month
    It's in March and in Katemcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=190044

check out google.com its this great new search site.
    Yeah, but I have better things to do than go search for it. That is what I have suckers like you for