Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 PSD dually

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    hence the "saving" part
    what mods do you have done to your truck?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    where do yall order these parts from?
    The Valair clutch you can get direct from Valair. they are good people in my book and offer a 12 month warrenty on the clutch.

i bought my superchips from Robbie for $225ish, new they are ~$400. bought the Xzillarraider from a guy on cummins forum for $200, new they are ~$400. he even sent it to me long before i had his address. i was in shock. i got the part and installed about two weeks ago. sent him the check the next weekend. he told me to get his address of the shipping box. got the air filter/shield from a guy off cummins forum.

my best answer is to search forums and look for deals.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03 View Post
    only a bully dog power pup that stays on "performance"-90hp. but i can slip the clutch baaddd on boosted launches. otherwise i never have a problem. figured i would get everything to handle power before i make it.

whats the advantage to a dual disc? valair has a 600hp clutch for $500.
    Last edited by Eckert; 05-23-2008 at 08:18 PM.

only a bully dog power pup that stays on "performance"-90hp. but i can slip the clutch baaddd on boosted launches. otherwise i never have a problem. figured i would get everything to handle power before i make it.

whats the advantage to a dual disc? valair has a 600hp clutch for $500.
    The dual disc can handle the power(way more then you have). before you spend money on a clutch, i would call and talk to the guys there. like i said, i spent about 45 minutes talking to them on the phone this afternoon. they will recommend what clutch you will be best served with given what you have, what you do, and where you want to go.

i was trying to decided between the full feramic and the organic/feramic. as always, i got mixed answers from forums and lots of "web wheelers" (dont know what term applies here in place of wheeler) saying go dual disc, blah, blah, blah. i just said fawk it and called them.

the guy told me id be best off with a organic/feramic or a ceramic with kevlar button clutch. i want something that will hold the power i have now, and future power. i still want to be able to tow. many of the performance clutches are either on or off, no slipping. this makes it incredibly hard to take off and back a trailer.

not to insult your intelligence, but do how much power do you think your putting down?
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

wtf is feramic

what about luk clutches? i thought that was the ford fix? a la nutz.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    wtf is feramic

what about luk clutches? i thought that was the ford fix? a la nutz.
    its a clutch material.... the luk clutch is the fix if you are gonna regear to make your engine quieter...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

this thread just got so gay.

I no longer own a diesel, i own a non-gas truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Travis, The ford dealer on 59 north had the slave cylinder to throw out bearing bar (I call it a "z" bar, but that is more of an old manual clutch term). The sleeve I ordered from Jimmy and Fred's super tranny place in Dallas. I was ordering a rebuild kit, so I just ordered it from them. As for prices on tranny parts that place in Dallas rocks, even if you pay shipping.

As for clutches, I went with a luk clutch, why? Well I called Luis and that was what his shop used. I didn't have time to research feromatic reverse gravity clutches as I was to busy bangin' everyone's mom who knows what the f a ferretweaselmagnetic clutch is.

The luk clutch came with a fly wheel. Most clutches I priced, came with a fly wheel or had some warranty stipulation that said on this truck if you don't put our fly wheel on it your truck will explode violently....
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

The Valair clutch you can get direct from Valair. they are good people in my book and offer a 12 month warrenty on the clutch.

i bought my superchips from Robbie for $225ish, new they are ~$400. bought the Xzillarraider from a guy on cummins forum for $200, new they are ~$400. he even sent it to me long before i had his address. i was in shock. i got the part and installed about two weeks ago. sent him the check the next weekend. he told me to get his address of the shipping box. got the air filter/shield from a guy off cummins forum.

my best answer is to search forums and look for deals.
    Are you making up words to make your truck go faster?
    I have tried the forums but nobody seems to like me, probably because I don't like anybody else but maybe because dumbasses complain about fuel prices while their signature says "I luv my smoke".
    That valair clutch company seems like the ticket but I am going to be pressed for time. Any regular clutch should last me a while as I have never done a boosted launch... well maybe once in the rain
    Thanks for the information though

was talking to my buddy who either goes to a dyno or track every weekend and said bel air is what everyone is starting to run. south bend is no longer the "go to" clutch.
    Do some research before you go running your mouth you noob

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams View Post
    this thread just got so gay.

I no longer own a diesel, i own a non-gas truck.
    agree, now when I try to accelerate down the road I'm one of those "Diesel fags"... er I mean "Enthusiest" Although I can't lie, sometimes it does feel good to go half ass fast in a big truck.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    Travis, The ford dealer on 59 north had the slave cylinder to throw out bearing bar (I call it a "z" bar, but that is more of an old manual clutch term). The sleeve I ordered from Jimmy and Fred's super tranny place in Dallas. I was ordering a rebuild kit, so I just ordered it from them. As for prices on tranny parts that place in Dallas rocks, even if you pay shipping.

As for clutches, I went with a luk clutch, why? Well I called Luis and that was what his shop used. I didn't have time to research feromatic reverse gravity clutches as I was to busy bangin' everyone's mom who knows what the f a ferretweaselmagnetic clutch is.

The luk clutch came with a fly wheel. Most clutches I priced, came with a fly wheel or had some warranty stipulation that said on this truck if you don't put our fly wheel on it your truck will explode violently....
    Cool I'll look around for a luk clutch tomorrow, and hopefully a parts house around here has everything else.

fawk I'm tired now
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Have not been able to find a luk clutch, Karl where did you order yours? Where is jimmy and freds super transmition place? Also karl what was included in the rebuild kit?

The only thing I have found today is a finco from orielys for 600. includes bearing,sleave and fly wheel. lifetime warrenty which I am sure this will be the same quality as life time brake shoes.

I got a price for a Southbend con OFE for 900 including flywheel. This will take a week to get.

Valair I guess ain't open today

I might try to hold off and order a good one if the price difference is aint too much.

edit- I have also found an AC delco for 500, but the quality worries me.
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 05-24-2008 at 10:35 AM.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Are you making up words to make your truck go faster?
    I have tried the forums but nobody seems to like me, probably because I don't like anybody else but maybe because dumbasses complain about fuel prices while their signature says "I luv my smoke".
    That valair clutch company seems like the ticket but I am going to be pressed for time. Any regular clutch should last me a while as I have never done a boosted launch... well maybe once in the rain
    Thanks for the information though
    the xzillaraider is an adjustable fueling box from Quadzilla. I agree with you on the fuel price posts. seems there is a new posts about fuel prices every day on every board i read, but i dont know if i have seen one on here. like you said, it is especially dumb when those same people are wanting to turn their truck up so it will smoke mored etc, etc. my theory on fuel is, if you dont like it, do something about it. fuel is a luxury, *****ing and moaning is not gonna change anything, so why do it.

Have not been able to find a luk clutch, Karl where did you order yours? Where is jimmy and freds super transmition place? Also karl what was included in the rebuild kit?

The only thing I have found today is a finco from orielys for 600. includes bearing,sleave and fly wheel. lifetime warrenty which I am sure this will be the same quality as life time brake shoes.

I got a price for a Southbend con OFE for 900 including flywheel. This will take a week to get.

Valair I guess ain't open today

I might try to hold off and order a good one if the price difference is aint too much.

edit- I have also found an AC delco for 500, but the quality worries me.
    valair will be cheaper then SB. just remember when looking at SB and Valair prices vs what you find elsewhere, the valair and SB clutches are performance clutches.
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500

The dual disc can handle the power(way more then you have). before you spend money on a clutch, i would call and talk to the guys there. like i said, i spent about 45 minutes talking to them on the phone this afternoon. they will recommend what clutch you will be best served with given what you have, what you do, and where you want to go.

i was trying to decided between the full feramic and the organic/feramic. as always, i got mixed answers from forums and lots of "web wheelers" (dont know what term applies here in place of wheeler) saying go dual disc, blah, blah, blah. i just said fawk it and called them.

the guy told me id be best off with a organic/feramic or a ceramic with kevlar button clutch. i want something that will hold the power i have now, and future power. i still want to be able to tow. many of the performance clutches are either on or off, no slipping. this makes it incredibly hard to take off and back a trailer.

not to insult your intelligence, but do how much power do you think your putting down?
    not much at all. i really dont care. im not so much into racing/sled pulling/whatever is cool these days. but i can merge into traffic very easily with a 3rd gear launch. instead of having to row. i have the 305/555 engine. bully dog was susposed to add 90 hp(dont know the true numbers). i dont add in that my intake and strait pipe add 20hp like travis does soon as i start losing mpg over HP ill stop.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    I got my Luk clutch from Luis at Offroad Unlimitted, but he is a friend so I got a jobber price.

Try this place in Houston:

McAfee Standard Transmission Inc.
    5723 Jensen Drive
    Houston, TX 77026

Phone: 713-695-8663
    Toll Free: 800-499-4502
    Fax: 713-695-6906

I got parts for my bronco from there. I can't think of the transmission place in Dallas's name, Flem, Fred, or Jimmy should know it.

I have no idea why, but the rebuild kit comes in 2 kits. You buy one kit that has bearings and another kit that has seals. I could not find a master rebuild kit. Also rebuilding this transmission is not for the weekend warrior (see my signature). You need access to a 20 ton press, bearing splitter, an oven to reheat interference parts, etc... I rebuilt mine because the 1st gear synchro was gone and it would grind every time I tried to go into first.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I don't need to rebuild the transmission yet.

I will be making calls tomorrow, I will probably end up with a valair or luk clutch. I am leaning more towards valair since they are a texas company and they offer OE replacement and performance clutches at a pretty reasonable price, their fly wheels are a little high though.
    Born to Kill

I dont know what the hell I was thinking but I'll be making my calls tomorrow (monday).

I'm thinking this is a stupid question:

Would it be dumb to buy a cheaper flywheel to go with a valair clutch? The flywheels they offer don't advertise to be anything out of the ordinary.

Also has any of the diesel dudes used or had any experience with the valair OE style ($300-390) clutches? They advertise being good up to 400 hp.
    Born to Kill

Believe it or not, the cheapest place I got clutch parts at was a ford dealer. Bought a clutch but when I dropped the transmission I found that the factory clutch was good. Would slip sometimes but press the pedal and release and it would grab again. The throwout bearing was binding and not releasing all the way. This was in my dad's golden dually. We ran it for 7 years and at least half the miles were pulling. It was still pulling 23K+lbs fine just before we sold it though the usual loads were 4-10K.

Anyway, the point of the story is, these trucks were made for work. You don't have to mess with them all the time. Sell that programmer and get a superchips one off ebay. Set it on the 60hp setting and forget about any of this internet dieselfag stuff.