Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 PSD dually

Last I checked NAPA carried LUK clutches
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

with the really fast super smoke badass douchbag mode, it really smokes. maybe more than robbie...

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    with the really fast super smoke badass douchbag mode, it really smokes. maybe more than robbie...
    that was at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle in third... forth probably wouln't have held.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

I'll have to see this when I bring those tires back.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

The people who installed the clutch were fawking idiots, it wouldn't have taken half the time to remove if I didn't have to deal with all of thier **** ups. Most bolts were on the verge of being stripped out from OVER tightening, Some would be standard where metric bolts should have been, the clips were broken and other bs.

I did get it out, seems to be a fairly new cheap clutch with the wear in rings while some spots look un-touched. Tomorrow morning I'll get the fly wheel machined and put it back together. Also I got a organic/organic clutch not the "ferretweaselmagnetic clutch," its suposse to be good to 400 hp so I figure that gives me about and 100 hp more than I need.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

finished up this morning, I put it off for a while yesterday than stabbing the transmission whipped my ass. Clutch pedal feels different, so I need to look into that. Is there any adjustment on these? Otherwise everything is good, think I fixed the source of an oil leak, and once this clutch brakes in I should be able to fill the full affect of the new tune.

Does anybody have a 1/8 npt tap and a drill bit I think R? Its for my pyrometer.
    Born to Kill

No adjustment.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Mine had a leak in it once that allowed air to come in, but would not allow fluid out. Slowly the pedal kept getting higher and higher, until one day on the way home from work I had to disconnect the line and drive home with no clutch.

So there is no practical adjustment.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

16mpg! And everybody that road with me allways wanted to see it smoke.

This new clutch is a noisy *****. hell of a noise at idle in neutral, but the valair guy said that is normal. Not to metion that the plastic that holds the shifter boot down was cracked in 3 places so I have a decent gap making it alot loader in the cab.

good news though, the radio fixed itself for the time being.
    Born to Kill

last few tanks have been 15.6-16mpg, mixed unloaded driving. I'm happy with that, my city milage went up a **** load.

Still haven't got the gauges put on, might try to do that tonight.
    Born to Kill

well hooked up the gauges but need a new fitting to get the boost to fit properly. lights are too dim but o well.

Also had a fawking blow out on 610 at 6 this morning so new tires and possibly wheels are needed. Any body have any cheap ideas as I really dont have 2g's to drop right now.
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 06-16-2008 at 08:59 AM.
    Born to Kill

youve got 6 tires on there and you only need 4
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    youve got 6 tires on there and you only need 4
    I got home fine, hell I had 7 on the truck but they are all pretty bad except for maybe 1 and the spare.
    Born to Kill

Does this make me one of those "diesel guys"? They look a lot better in person, and alot cheaper than the alcoas or junk yard wheels.

255/85/16 in the back
    285/75/16 in the front

Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Does this make me one of those "diesel guys"?
    moreso than the black smoke or strait pipe does. only stacks through the bed can trump that card.

that was intentional jerry.
    Last edited by agjohn02; 06-29-2008 at 08:18 PM.