Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 PSD dually

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    Does this make me one of those "diesel guys"?
    yes, .. yes it does. Per your first post, wasn't the route you weren't going to go?

If you look at the load rating in pounds, the 255/85/16 in a load range D is rated for right about the same as a 235/85/16 in load range E. Either one can be more or less depending on brand.

These trucks **** up mud grips on the front fast, you'll notice what that means by 5K, it'll be pretty bad by 10K. I'm pretty sure the warranty requires proper balance and rotation to be done. If a shop is scratching wheels go to one that doesn't.

The 255 is actually a little taller than the 285. If the spacing on the rock stars is the same as the factory wheels the 255s will work fine.

Did this truck come with the vacuum locks?

I wonder how it would look without the caps. Hubs painted flat black with chrome lug nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    more on this?
    On the face lift?

The 05 grill and lights mount up where the old ones come off. You need the bulbs and pigtails from the 05 to splice in to the old wiring harness. The grill on the 05 sticks out a little further. The 05 factory bumper will bolt up but since this truck has a replacement bumper I'd imagine he doesn't want to buy another one. There's probably enough room behind the grill guard to cut the notch in the diamond plate to fit the 05, would have to measure it to make sure. The grill guard would hide the new grill anyway so its probably not worth messing with. Just some aftermarket clear markers would make it look like a 03-04.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackasic View Post
    yes, .. yes it does. Per your first post, wasn't the route you weren't going to go?
    I really don't care, its my truck and I do what I can. I still like to make fun of the rich boys with thier sun roofs and mega cabs

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    If you look at the load rating in pounds, the 255/85/16 in a load range D is rated for right about the same as a 235/85/16 in load range E. Either one can be more or less depending on brand.

These trucks **** up mud grips on the front fast, you'll notice what that means by 5K, it'll be pretty bad by 10K. I'm pretty sure the warranty requires proper balance and rotation to be done. If a shop is scratching wheels go to one that doesn't.

The 255 is actually a little taller than the 285. If the spacing on the rock stars is the same as the factory wheels the 255s will work fine.

Did this truck come with the vacuum locks?

I wonder how it would look without the caps. Hubs painted flat black with chrome lug nuts.
    I've had decent luck with front tires for al long as you keep good shocks, but I'll find out soon enough. I think the replacement bumper is what kills them.

I know 255 work out to be ~.4 inches different but Interco said they were the same height.

No vacuum locks I'm hopping it will look decent with the hubs painted, until then I'll keep running the cheasy plastic stars.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

I'm not really thinking it would look good, but have you tried the stock caps? I wonder how they'd look if you painted them black.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    I really don't care, its my truck and I do what I can. I still like to make fun of the rich boys with thier sun roofs and mega cabs
    HEY NOW!!!

My dad brought up the idea of cutting the stars out and leaving the outside ring to cover the lug nuts, kinda like the factory ones did. Any opinions?

And damn it I want new headlights now.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Its hard to tell from this pic but the fronts dont look bad without the hub-caps, however the back does. Think I am going to cut out the stars when I get a chance to see how that looks.

Also got some sweet new pin stripping...
    Born to Kill

ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post
    ha ha
    I'm pissed.

Burnt up the new clutch today which almost got my ass stuck. Was cruising through some marsh mud (about 3-4inches deep) with no problem when all of a sudden the tires started slowing down and I was no where close to being in a safe place to stop. Monday I will see how good of a company valair is because there is no reason the clutch couldn't have handle this.
    Born to Kill

Born to Kill

Why in the hell did you take a dually diesel mudding? I hope you were drunk!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
    Why in the hell did you take a dually diesel mudding? I hope you were drunk!
    x2...

to get to the fishin hole.

It hasn't slipped since but now I worried next time it gets under a load it will.
    Born to Kill

why don't you walk next time
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?