Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 99 PSD dually

today is the first time I got to drive in the day light with "econo mode", and I call bull **** on mpg gains. The black smoke does not ****ing stop pouring out with anything more than about 1500 rpms, with that being it still goes faster from a stop with rpms < 1500 than compared to stock. I might just have to keap it in "tow mode" which is like 20 hp boost or something.

eight- most of my buddies with 6.0's get 20+ on the highway and around 17-19 in the city, although they have that fancy MPG reader in the over head consol that might be filling them full of ****.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

They probably don't roll as high as I do.

The 12 mpg to work and back doesn't bother me. Its 3 miles in traffic and takes about 15 minutes to get there, 4.5 miles back home.

"Econo mode" is crap. Best mileage gains is usually on the highest setting. I think mine's on 100ish hp setting. Never had a problem with a 7.3 blowing smoke except when shifting (manual). That was with 60-80 hp programmers of various make. Only time one blew much smoke was when the wastegate spring fell off. Get a wicked wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    They probably don't roll as high as I do.

The 12 mpg to work and back doesn't bother me. Its 3 miles in traffic and takes about 15 minutes to get there, 4.5 miles back home.

"Econo mode" is crap. Best mileage gains is usually on the highest setting. I think mine's on 100ish hp setting. Never had a problem with a 7.3 blowing smoke except when shifting (manual). That was with 60-80 hp programmers of various make. Only time one blew much smoke was when the wastegate spring fell off. Get a wicked wheel.

He said econo mode would put my truck about 100 hp over stock, he offered a 120hp race mode but i didn't figure that was necessary. quater throttle in any gear will puff smoke out, Im hoping this causes me to have an even lighter foot.

I thought wicked wheel actualy cut down on power, very little from what i'm told.? They are also supose to lower egt right?
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    summit sells a few different gauge pod options one mounts below the radio in that little open spot and another mounts on the dash, both of which are better then the pillar mount pods
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    He said econo mode would put my truck about 100 hp over stock, he offered a 120hp race mode but i didn't figure that was necessary. quater throttle in any gear will puff smoke out, Im hoping this causes me to have an even lighter foot.

I thought wicked wheel actualy cut down on power, very little from what i'm told.? They are also supose to lower egt right?
    Make sure to tell us what your actual MPG is. Also I think those MPG instant gauge pods are full of crap!
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

I don't have one of those MPG-o-meters.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by afroman006 View Post
    Of course with this mentality trucks end up looking like my crewcab...
    or pig pen

Thats a pretty hot economy tune. I was thinking more like 20hp. Don't think we ever had a 100 hp in a 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by eight View Post
    Thats a pretty hot economy tune. I was thinking more like 20hp. Don't think we ever had a 100 hp in a 7.3.
    I'm telling you this is like nothing like the ones I have dealt with before, at least as far as minor modded trucks go.
    Born to Kill

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcolman View Post
    or pig pen
    zing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Teaching America's youth RCcola55's Avatar
    I'm telling you this is like nothing like the ones I have dealt with before, at least as far as minor modded trucks go.
    my economy tune give me 70 over stock, although im sure the dp is more refined, its all that i need
    Ryan Clarke
    (214)695-7901

Its called the econo 80, but he said that most trucks like mine will dyno about 100hp over stock. I would have figured that you would get less HP than they claim as it is with most programers.

I'm going to try to get a video of the smoke today, I'm really not happy about how easy it is to smoke out cars behind me although it is forcing me to be super easy on the skinny pedal.
    Born to Kill

I seriously dout I could get 19, I have alot of extra weight.
    i get that on a bad day

i honestly dont know how accurate the mpg-o-meters are. when my overhead said i got 20.4 on a road trip. i got 20.2. but i bet im not getting 26.4 like it says right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckert View Post

i honestly dont know how accurate the mpg-o-meters are. when my overhead said i got 20.4 on a road trip. i got 20.2. but i bet im not getting 26.4 like it says right now.
    they dont actually calculate anything, its all from a lookup table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

14.4 MPG about half tank with the tuner and half without. Almost all city so I am happy I was expecting around 13. I'll be on the road tomorrow and will post highway MPG.

ordered some gauges today and the mount that goes aroung the factory cluster.

Also found out to that my clutch cannot handle econo mode, its supose to be new but they allways seem to be when buying used. I thought I noticed some slipping once pre-tuner but there is no question now.

Also need to order a new coolant reservoir as the crack I have had is starting to get bigger and I don't want to get stranded somewhere. Does anybody know where I can get one? I have tried all the part stores.

Whats considered the best cone filters? I can't decide what I want to replace mine with.
    Born to Kill