Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnwell Mtn Gilmer, TX Jan 4,5,6 2008

bring a tent..we can find a ride for you. I may head out there Friday if everyone shows up like they are saying. Although I have no idea where the Toy camp is. can anyone use it? i talked to Kevin about the Rover camp and he says it sucks if it is dry and windy b/c of the location. I know the toy camp has the fancy new pavillion. I wonder if we can reserve it or something? anyone know how that works? Is it a 1st come 1st served type deal.

If Kevin is talking about his SCARR experience he didn't stay in the rover camp, he camped just outside of it. Its in a horseshoe type field with lots of trees surrounding it and blocks the wind pretty nicely and has a pavillion.

Looks like I will have to make it, at least with the quadrunner, will have to keep Jerry away.

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    bring a tent..we can find a ride for you. I may head out there Friday if everyone shows up like they are saying. Although I have no idea where the Toy camp is. can anyone use it? i talked to Kevin about the Rover camp and he says it sucks if it is dry and windy b/c of the location. I know the toy camp has the fancy new pavillion. I wonder if we can reserve it or something? anyone know how that works? Is it a 1st come 1st served type deal.
    No you can't reserve it. OF course you can use it. It is the old NTB camp, in other words when you are on the way to rover camp from the main office you will pass the Quad and Dirt bike playground and it is right across the access road from it.

The only problem with Rover Camp is it is inside those trees and a real pain to get full size rigs in and out.

And yes the "Toy" camp has a fancy new pavilion. Ask me how I know? If you have a generator or an inverter for your truck you can plug into the GFI and run our lights. PLEASE do not use the tile counters for rebuilding parts, that is why we have a spool out there to work on. I will be fixing the sink drain in a couple of months but for now it just drains onto the ground...

I think that is about it. If I am not rebuilding the engine on the 4runner I will come out with you guys.

EDIT: the Toyota Trail Rider Camp is on the map as LBT or "Les Bon Temps" if they finally got the maps updated...

Look what you started Flem! We missed "Trail Oktoberfest" this year due to Davido's wedding, so I'm dubbing this the "TAMOR-North Polar Bear Run" I'll be there in the Belle, wishing I had doors and a heater.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Oddly enough, the last time I went off-road was when Tate rode along with me in the TJ on a January(?) run at Katemcy with no top, doors, heater or rain gear. Naked swims in icy rivers be damned, that's "polar bear" enough for me in everything Carhartt makes.

see if goodwin is in, I don't have his #

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I'll send him an email. He is supposed to be putting his rear axle back together either this weekend or next weekend, so I think his truck will at least be "ready".
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

In.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Klogg-er Klogg-er, Klogg-er!!!
    Boats and hoes

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    Look what you started Flem! We missed "Trail Oktoberfest" this year due to Davido's wedding, so I'm dubbing this the "TAMOR-North Polar Bear Run" I'll be there in the Belle, wishing I had doors and a heater.
    This is going to be an awesome time!

May have to try and make this one. See if pops will let me off work.

Damn weddinigs!

I may still make the Toy run if others are going. I know, I'm just barely more Cruiser than Heep in reality... or Scout for that matter? Springs & clutch... but it's the frame & sheet metal that counts. I emailed Scott to see if he wanted to go. He's out. Rodney may be interested. Are "non-Toys" allowed? I doubt I'll make two trips that close together.

This should be a good trip indeed. I think the Scamper will be making an appearance. When I told Whitney that it's only guys and we'll be camping, do you still want to go?... I got <crickets> Well, when you put it like that, I guess not. You're in Seth!
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I didn't even ask...I just layed down the law!

You wear the capri pants in that family Grayson!
    Boats and hoes