Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Rig Sleds (The Trailer Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/

This link might be well known, but figured I would post it here too. I know I could definitely stand to replace the ratty straps I have been using for years.
    you been in big dumb loads on pirate recently?

This isn't that heavy by Buster standards, but its still the most **** I've ever hauled with my truck/trailer combo. I got a solid 6 mpg and could not maintain 70 mph until I got to the flat ground south of Halletsville. Made it though!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Haha, that's a pretty good load for an old wore out gasser!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/

This link might be well known, but figured I would post it here too. I know I could definitely stand to replace the ratty straps I have been using for years.
    never head of them, thanks for posting. Order a set for both trailers.

So this past weekend for the trip to Canyons I borrowed my Mom's new trailer (that's right my Mother has a trailer for hauling her car) that I will affectionately dub the "Mobile Motel 6". Just thought I would share it in here, this thing is stupid nice, and with having access to either it or my Dad's Gooseneck I have officially lost any need to buy my own trailer which is pretty nice.

34' Continental Cargo Fully Enclosed Auto Master?
    Shower and Toilet in the Front
    Work Bench with Handsink
    15,000 BTU AC and Heater
    Checkered Floor
    Checkered Awning
    Fluorescent Lights throughout the thing
    Bright lights on the outside
    25 Gallon Fresh Water Tank, 25 G Black Tank and 25 G Grey Water Tank
    5 Gallon Hot water heater
    They Also bought a 6500W Honda Inverter Generator for it, which on the second night ran all night without a hitch.

They bought this thing to be able to take my Mom's car to shows and road trips and camp in it in a state park and drive during the days. Amanda and I tested it out and verified that it will definitely work for what they want it to do.

Dumbass move of the weekend: The 2nd day I was towing it I drug it against my mailbox in front of my house and ruined the passenger rear aluminum panel. On Tuesday we dropped it off with the Manufacturer and today they fixed it and a mere $280 out of my pocket to get it back to perfect for my Padres.

Pictars:

fits the buggy nice

All lit up

Sleeping in comfort

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    Wait, they bought a trailer to tow a Maserati to "car shows"?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Chris, apparently you are ignoring my question, but really, what car shows they are taking a Maserati to?
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Maybe he just updated his thread by going direct to build up threads and skipped tech and shop talk. If so, for all the new people in the upper right if you click the yellow number next to posts, it will bring the up the posts that have had replies since you last viewed TAMOR.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Wait, they bought a trailer to tow a Maserati to "car shows"?
    Chris, apparently you are ignoring my question, but really, what car shows they are taking a Maserati to?
    I am ignoring your question? Wow I didnt see your response until just now. Sometimes when you check into the forum and don't have a chance to read all of the threads it marks them as read. I have missed a lot of posts this way, but I am not ignoring you.

To be honest I don't know what shows she plans on taking her car to, not my thing. I know the last time she took it down to Austin for some drive time in the hill country she didn't like putting the miles on it. Something about the chance of it getting messed up on 35. This is her new hobby and baby and who am I (just like anyone else in this club) to judge how somebody wants to spend their money on the things they like or want.

Now that I reread your comment I sure hope i am not reading into some maliciousness on your part. You might want to hold your tongue before saying something about somebodies family members. I hope I am not misreading your post.

I don't hide maliciousness. If I was being malicious, you'd know it. I just don't see the point in having a car like that and worrying about miles or damage. Hell, it's probably still under warranty. Don't worry, I also think it's gay when guys have badass hotrods with fuel injected motors, overdrive transmissions, badass riding suspensions, ice cold a/c, and they throw them in a trailer to go to a car show less than 30 miles away.

I guess I'm just silly thinking that they are cars, and they are meant to be driven and enjoyed. **** the miles. Damage? That's what insurance is for.

I don't hide maliciousness. If I was being malicious, you'd know it. I just don't see the point in having a car like that and worrying about miles or damage. Hell, it's probably still under warranty. Don't worry, I also think it's gay when guys have badass hotrods with fuel injected motors, overdrive transmissions, badass riding suspensions, ice cold a/c, and they throw them in a trailer to go to a car show less than 30 miles away.

I guess I'm just silly thinking that they are cars, and they are meant to be driven and enjoyed. **** the miles. Damage? That's what insurance is for.
    Ok gotcha now I see where you are going. No she drives it around town on a weekly basis, hell she has been driving it to and from work this week. She drives it out to the cars and coffee show I know also. I think her and pop's thinking is trailering it to and from the hill country to drive some windy roads and trailering it to Colorado to drive some passes while the wife and I are out running the trails in our vehicles.

At least this is the impression I am getting. In may we are taking a little family weekend trip to San Antonio to drive the "Three sisters" (?) roads. She will be trailering the maser with my cousins motorcycles in the front and Amanda and I are taking the mustang. Supposed to be fun, I have never done any on road twisty turn touring road stuff but they all have and convinced us to join them. I think this type of trip was the reason for the trailer, more so then the car shows she said she wanted to use it for.

Quote Originally Posted by FJAggie07 View Post
    Ok gotcha now I see where you are going. No she drives it around town on a weekly basis, hell she has been driving it to and from work this week. She drives it out to the cars and coffee show I know also. I think her and pop's thinking is trailering it to and from the hill country to drive some windy roads and trailering it to Colorado to drive some passes while the wife and I are out running the trails in our vehicles.

At least this is the impression I am getting. In may we are taking a little family weekend trip to San Antonio to drive the "Three sisters" (?) roads. She will be trailering the maser with my cousins motorcycles in the front and Amanda and I are taking the mustang. Supposed to be fun, I have never done any on road twisty turn touring road stuff but they all have and convinced us to join them. I think this type of trip was the reason for the trailer, more so then the car shows she said she wanted to use it for.
    Where are the three sisters roads? Might have to make a trip in my mustang.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I have been looking around for a place to store my trailer. I can't keep it in my neighborhood much longer without a fine. So far the cheapest storage I have found in San Antonio close to the house is $40 a month. This seems high to me. I am hoping to spend $25 or so a month. Anyone know of a place around here of have family with land that wouldn't mine it out there?
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I have been looking around for a place to store my trailer. I can't keep it in my neighborhood much longer without a fine. So far the cheapest storage I have found in San Antonio close to the house is $40 a month. This seems high to me. I am hoping to spend $25 or so a month. Anyone know of a place around here of have family with land that wouldn't mine it out there?
    $40 seems about right honestly. For example this is the cheapest place I found for uncovered trailer storage between my house and my work up here and it is $40 http://www.parkerrvstorage.com/. Might be one of those things you just kind of bite the bullet and pony up the extra $10 a month. I know that is $120 a year but having access to the trailer whenever you want, close and convenient to your house, without having to drive a ways to get it might be worth it?

On a side note I pay $80 for a covered storage spot with electricity for the fire truck and smoker trailer. It ain't cheap but the only place I have to store it is my parents place (uncovered) and it is a 1.5 hr drive from me and with how often I use the firetruck it is worth it to not have to spend all night just getting the thing to take it to CS. Just my .02.