Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Rig Sleds (The Trailer Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    this doosh at a job i am working on has a new dmax and pulls a tandem dually. he also has his tx dot number on his door, I have noticed this more and more.
    I think it's because DPS has been cracking down a lot harder on CDL drivers.

According to super-trucker tyler any truck can pull a DRW trailer for as long as the gross weight stays under 26,000 lbs and less than 102 inches wide.?
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

thats a start to saying out of trouble
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Super-trucker Tyler is right. And tandem dual trailers are rated at 20K standard. For hauling 2 rigs, get a trailer like Scott's.

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    I was looking at trailers the other day ago and was wondering what you two rig guys had. I would need 28' - 32'. is anyone running dual tires or are singles beef enough? what are some better brands? how well do fullwidth axles fit on low boys? I know I had to take my spacers off to fit on our 20'. I want something I can just drive up on and strap down
    the trailer below is a 25' with 5' dovetail. it is way overkill for what you are looking at, but it gives you an idea of length requirement. the deer stand on the front is just over 8' long...

trailer weighed in at just over 7500 empty. dont remeber the weight rating, but they normally use it for hauling a huge boring rig... in case you cant tell, it has dual tandems...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

I hauled 2 rigs on Burbach's trailer a couple times. It's a 20' + 5' tail without fold up ramps. CJ7 and YJ once, CJ8 and CJ5 another time. It's a tight fit.

i think that 34 ft like eds it perfect for 2 rigs because if you need you can put to fat ass foolsizes on there
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol View Post
    there are tons of threads on this but basically, almost all trailers that have dual tires require a different driver licence and can't legally be pulled by any one ton truck.

it all depends on the rating of the truck (from the door) and the rating that is stamped on the nameplate of the trailer.

I am just barely legal with my truck / trailer combo.
    They don't care what is on your door in the truck or the nameplate of the trailer, they will look at the registration of the trailer. You can 'derate' the trailer pretty easy. You will run into problems if you end up over on the weight though. (I am not saying that the listed ratings have no meaning, just that the DPS is going to look at what you have it registered at).

A 30-34' single wheel, double axle trailer is what you need. Mine is way overkill for hauling even two fullsizes, weight wise. I bought it to be able to haul tractors, hay and other things that may be a bit more weight intensive though. Just remember, when figuring out how long of a trailer you need, it's no problem if you have left over deck space, but when you are even 6"s short of having enough you are screwed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Oh, and 102" wide is good too. Gives you just that little bit of extra deck space if you ever need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I think you can get 8500lb + single wheel axles now. I'll have to ask my Dad. He bought a bad ass goose neck dump trailer and it has single tandems on it. the rims are really beefy looking and I think the tires are 10+ply. they are wet axles and both are braked. I think he said he is just under the 26k. w/ that trailer and most cops don't know it is rated that heavy b/c of the tandems instead of tandem duals or triple singles
    I think it is rated for 18k.

Yes you can get 10K single wheel axles and use 14 ply tires. My dad put those tires on his newest utility trailer and 3 died within the first year, with little use or weight. That's also what the 10 bale dump trailer used and blew out often. Cheap co-op 7.50-16s hold up better.

thanks for the feedback... i was leaning toward singles but the guy at the trailer shop was trying to talk me into duals. I think 32' is where I will be going because of the vehicles I want to pull but i might end up with a 30'... I need to figure out how much trailer i can get weight wise with my truck still. it will be mostlikely very similar to scotts seeing as i have the quad cab version of his truck.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

I think 32' is where I will be going because of the vehicles I want to pull
    you need a 32' trailer for a stock jeep and a bigwheel tricycle
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Duals is for heavy loads, I think the guy just wants to sell you a $7K trailer.

im not buying one from him anyways... was just doing a little research
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)