Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Rig Sleds (The Trailer Thread)

I have 100k power train and it got me a new transmission in November. But the AC is on me. Have 91k on a 2.5 year old truck. I think mainly the work I do with it is causing it issues. The sand business isn't a clean one. Just frustrated that a "new" truck is having issues. My 08 never had a problem but it only had 30k on it when I got rid of it.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    This doesn't really help your argument.
    Not quite sure what my argument is but technically we could still buy the power-stroke but it would come with a zero mile warranty... And are trucks may be ragged out when it comes to the interior and body but they have a very easy life.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

Quote Originally Posted by redcagepatrol View Post
    my 2008 is still going strong with no problems and 62,000 miles. I changed the fuel filter twice and tranny fluid once - besides the typical oil and filter change. Oh, I changed the air filter once to a K&N type, and have cleaned it once after that.
    Not sure if it's an issue on your truck, but k&n filters are notorious for leaking air around the edges on 7.3 trucks and letting a good amount of dirt into the turbo. Just something to look into if you plan on keeping the truck a while.
    '91 Bronco 351w, ZF5, D44 TTB, 9" rear swap with disk brakes, 37" toyos, method wheels, mastercraft seats, A/C and heat

Does your phone auto-correct 'our' to 'are'? I hope so.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    Interesting, I havent had one single problem out of my 04. But i am getting more nervous on a daily basis about my injectors...
    Have you checked the balance rates? Let me know the next time you are in Wylie and you can come by and check them.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJo View Post
    HA I have yet to see any of the new diesels make over 50k, and they are all individually assigned and we have these ****ing black boxes that won't allow speed in excess of 70mph or more than 1/2-3/4 throttle. Not to mention all service is done at the dealership. Ford actually quit selling us diesels....

edit- don't forget I'm not being serious John, I'm sure your truck would suit a soccer mom making them long hauls to the grocery store just fine
    But I bet your guys let them idle all day long especially if it is hot or cold
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"

Quote Originally Posted by AggieTJ2007 View Post
    But I bet your guys let them idle all day long especially if it is hot or cold
    This, we pretty much live out of them.
    Born to Kill

I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

so how many hours are on one of your trucks with only 50k miles?

Idling is also probably the worst thing for the newer diesels because the particulate filters don't get a proper chance to regen. From what I understand the newer diesels really need to have plenty of highway miles and to tow as often as possible to create the elevated EGT's necessary to clean out the particulate filter

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Does your phone auto-correct 'our' to 'are'? I hope so.
    You've been around long enough to know it doesnt...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

No idea, you generally can only idle for a day or so before having to drive to regen. On a related note the new kenworths have a lot of extra emissions crap, not for sure if its dpf, and seem to have little problem even though they are almost never shut off.
    Born to Kill

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    No idea, you generally can only idle for a day or so before having to drive to regen. On a related note the new kenworths have a lot of extra emissions crap, not for sure if its dpf, and seem to have little problem even though they are almost never shut off.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your wrong... wanna know how i know???
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

Mine does a lot of idle time. I'm seeing around 400+ hours between service (10,000 miles) although mine also sees plenty of tow time also so it goes back and forth. I have only seen it regen a hand full of times but have heard it idle up while parked lots of times.
    Jonathan Tate
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 6.7 MegaCab
    2004 Jeep TJ
    1992 Jeep YJ
    2008 Jeep JKU
    2013 Ford Explorer Sport (mama's go fast car)

Quote Originally Posted by StevenAg03 View Post
    i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your wrong... wanna know how i know???
    Are they suppose to last longer? If so it was probably because mine was a piece of ****. I should have a new gas truck soon.
    Born to Kill

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Are they suppose to last longer? If so it was probably because mine was a piece of ****. I should have a new gas truck soon.
    i was specifically referring to this statement:

On a related note the new kenworths have a lot of extra emissions crap....
    dont know what your definition of new is, but 2013 emissions requirements presented little to no discernible difference to the end user... though i doubt you have a new KW with 2013 emissions on it...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

ill be your pickup man
    What's this regen y'all are talking about? Mine occasionally says "cleaning exhaust filter", but it only lasts 5 seconds and nothing changes

Mine drinks alot of diesel if I idle, so I don't.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4