Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Rig Sleds (The Trailer Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH View Post
    Company trucks?
    Family trucks. His IS a Duramax, whereas our two were gas(5.3 and 6.0), so hopefully his should be nice and reliable.

In less than 15,000 miles...I've gotten a new steering wheel, door speaker, and transmission tailshaft(not to mention the ****ty shifting that they say is normal, squealing brakes which are also "normal", and it taking 3 different dealerships to reprogram my rear TPMS sensors so I didn't have to run 80 psi in the rear all the time or get a warning light, but that's not the truck or GM's fault). My Dad's needed a new computer at 700 miles(took the dealership a month and several calls to GM to figure out wtf was wrong).

Damn shame, as I really like the looks of the HD Silverados..
    '73 J2000 Thriftside Gladiator, 258/T14/D20
    '81 CJ7 Laredo, 258/T176/D300

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Damn, I hate to hear that. I am always so impressed with mine. The only thing I really don't like is the gawdam roaring fan when the engine starts getting warm. I will have to figure out a fix for that at some point in time. It doesn't bother me really, but it is kind of embarassing when you are braging on the truck while making a good pull and it starts doing that and the passangers are like 'WTF!'. I know your feelings though, we had a 93 excab lb that had lots of troubles. The best thing grandad did was to trade it in (used the lemon law) to get the 94 6.5 turbo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I saw a c4500 the other day and was wondering why hotshots (and ED) tend to prefer built-up 3500s? Is it for the 4x4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

I still need something to run around the ranch with plus be semi-economical as a grocery getter ( ), and the price tag for a 4500 w/ the same options as mine is a good bit more I believe. They usually have lower gears also and most hotshots don't need the extra gearing or towing capacity. Things may change with that if they start hitting them for not having a cdl more often.

and besides, who needs a 4500 when you have a pete rusting away in the pasture.

'Cause if she don't,

Oh I didn't realize they cost so much more. Shoulda figured as much, considering half the ones I see have trailers with matching custom paintjobs
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

If only your truck could pull that trailer.

Oh and sell your pops your winch and mount it on the front of the trailer
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

Finally got through the whole stupid process and should have a title coming to me by mail in a couple of weeks.
    Process included:
    Vin verification at an inspection station $15
    Records search using VIN verification (which showed that there was no title on record for the trailer) $2.20
    Certified weight slip (which sucked because the scale certification was only good over 1900lbs so I had to sign a statement of fact saying that the 1700 lb figure on the slip was the trailer and the 6000 lb figure was my tahoe sitting on the front pad so the stupid machine would print out the weights. So my trailer weighs 1700lbs) $10
    Appraisal by a dealer for <$500, luckily the guy was cool and appraised it at $490 $10
    Statement of fact that said trailer was roadworthy, never titled, not stolen, etc etc etc.
    Pay taxes, title, etc $45
    All in all a royal pain in the ass to get a title for my trailer so I can sell it and not get screwed because I only have a bill of sale to show ownership.

Is this trailer as easy to build as it looks? Ryan any idea what Kopecki Welding would charge to build something like this out of channel, on 5600 lb axles, just wide and long enough to haul whatever I might want to haul on it (ie longbed crewcab fullsize parts truck), with a title?

edit: Think I'm going about this the wrong way. 99% of my hauling would be the uglytruck and building materials (and hopefully a couple of snowmachines this winter), and the reason I wanna get rid of mine is so I can get it in the backyard. Maybe what I need is one with 12' treads, just barely long enough for uglytruck...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by uglyota; 08-11-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Jesus that looks like a janky POS...
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

The rig or trailer? That rig has apparently nearly killed people driving on the street on multiple occasions. The owner swears she's good to go now though.

The trailer is exactly what I want (or want to build). 4ft between the treads so you could throw down 2 sheets of plywood and have a flatbed, stake pockets around the outside so you could have removable sides...

The material used to make the trailer looks way too small and like it would bend with any significant load on it.
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

trailer home axles?

its also way too tall.

It looks to have some sort of sub-frame under it. I can't tell if it's channel or just angle iron. It would be nice and light at least.
    'Cause if she don't,

looks to me like it's made of exactly the same stuff as mine, though mine has rails, which should add strength, but mine's never flinched with some pretty heavy ass shiat on it.
    Looks like mobile home axles but he says it's got brakes. Didn't think mobile home axles had brakes?
    I don't know how you expect to get a trailer like that any lower. It appears to already be sprungunder or torsion axles...the deck is practically sitting on the axle centerline

gawd this seems like a killer deal on a GN
    http://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/1315972943.html