Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Rig Sleds (The Trailer Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Any idea what I could get for my trailer?

20' steel deck, 5200lbrs, drive over fenders? I thnk I paid around $3300, with the LEDs, 2 5/16ths, old removable fendrs and paint matched.

Ask $2500, let it go for $2000? My neighbor wants to buy it.
    At that price it will go very quick, Pirate may be your best bet since it is set up perfect for a rig hauler.

getting a big boy goose neck?
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

"It's not cheating if you pay for it"

Car-hauler type gooseneck? That's what I'd go with if I bought a new trailer
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!

tiger trailers in mt pleasant makes a 26ft gn with 7k axles and drive over fenders like mine. one of the profs in my old dept at a&m bought one while i was there. paid 4k.

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

If i were you I would look at PJ trailers, they make a "C8" Carhauler goosneck that come in lengths from 20-34', has dual 7,000 pound axles, 8" channed and is 2,000 pounds lighter than the one I bought. saw one in person and they are perfect for one fullsize and a couple 4 wheelers, or side by sides.

http://www.pjtrailers.com/detail.cfm?ID=C8

Also many custom options.

ill be your pickup man
    Cool

I have not decided on what I want to do yet, if anything.

What about deck over vs low boy?

What about sides?

Ideally I want to be able to use this trailer for more than just hauling rigs, hopefully to move some equipment one day. Nothing stupid heavy. I only want 2, 7k or 8k axles.

Deckover just puts the rigs up so high and the only real advantage I can think of is if you are loading items on the trailer with a forklift, obviously a deckover is better since you do not have to worry about the fenders. Unless the design of a deckover is inherintly stronger? O, and beer pong, deckover definetely better for beer pong

A lowboy, extrawide like Cooks, in the 30-34' range seems about right.

Would want slide in ramps versus the fold up too.

What about a GN hitch that won't drop my exhaust to the ground or cost a small fortune?
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

ill be your pickup man

this one is only 24' but I think you can get them longer
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4

I had a longer post but you should look at a B&W turnover ball

http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index....oducts_id=8098

looks like you may be to drop the exhaust but I bet you could clearance it with a hammer or get an exhaust shop to add a bend to clear the hitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

PJ makes good trailers, My dad has a tandem dual 32' deck over with a 4' dovetail, and it is a beast. He says it is the best trailer he has ever owned. Plus they are made right outside of Paris
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

I should have listened when I bought mine. Mine is 25+5 foot dovetail, perfect for two tigs. The ideal length like Sam mentioned is 32' for 2 7000 axles, anything longer and you need tripples, and all i have heard about people with triples is terrible things related to tire problems

You had mentioned the idea of bobcat down the road, still a perfect size for that and plenty of room for attachments up front.

BTW, aftermarket exhaust does not require a drop bracket like the factory setup when using a B&W.
    Last edited by Hellbent; 04-17-2012 at 06:07 PM.

I still think you should have went duals on your trailer Evan

Quote Originally Posted by sam_hodnett View Post
    I still think you should have went duals on your trailer Evan
    I have a matching PJ with duals 24,000 pound rated, its my new sprayer trailer with a 2,000 gallon tank on it. This weekend it had roughly 8,000 pounds on the trailer, people haul bobcats all day with singles and bobcats weigh 10,000.

I was going for a more lightweight heavy duty trailer that i could still pull at 80mph.

We put as much weight as that trailer will ever probably see. I felt the tires when we stopped they weren't hot and they aren't wearing funny. Tandems cost twice as much when it comes time to buy tires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    F*ck off cj.

Quote Originally Posted by TdmayfieldIV View Post
    We put as much weight as that trailer will ever probably see. I felt the tires when we stopped they weren't hot and they aren't wearing funny. Tandems cost twice as much when it comes time to buy tires.
    and almost twice as much to buy the trailer... I know this for a fact

ill be your pickup man
    http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/grd/2948614802.html

I like this, but think he is way high on his price.
    92 YJ
    04 F-150 4x4
    11 F-250 4x4