Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Find Brandini a Project

I have a 91 FJ80 that I would part with for $4K if you really are looking at FJ80's.

I am leaming toward the K-dogs's friends rig, asummeing it runs and such

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackasic
    kind of my thought, why I wanted an x-cab. my winter insulation may not fit behind the steering comfortably

I like the deal on the 89 4runner for a grand, even comes with a spare.
    Just get you a vato special mini chain steering wheel. They are sharpe approved for the gravitaitionaly challenged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

I am leaming toward the K-dogs's friends rig, asummeing it runs and such
    word to the wise: If it was that great of a deal, kopecki would already owned it, and sold it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    Just get you a vato special mini chain steering wheel. They are sharpe approved for the gravitaitionaly challenged.
    When I first hopped into the beast it took me a few seconds to figure out the t-post step and mini steering wheel. Then it hit me. In pigpen you have to make a ~3 footish jump to get in on level ground and the steering wheel is normal size, though it is a tilt column (I never have to tilt it)...

NO FAT CHICKS!!!
    On the 8th day god created the Super Swamper TSL and said "go forth and kick ass"

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    When I first hopped into the beast it took me a few seconds to figure out the t-post step and mini steering wheel. Then it hit me. In pigpen you have to make a ~3 footish jump to get in on level ground and the steering wheel is normal size, though it is a tilt column (I never have to tilt it)...

NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Once the cage is done and a good couple of hand-holds, the t-posts will disapear.

There was a NO FAT CHICKS sticker on the passenger door thanks to the ol' North Waco TAMOR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams
    word to the wise: If it was that great of a deal, kopecki would already owned it, and sold it.
    I thought of it. Exhausted my efforts on a 04 half ton chevy 4x4, 04 F-350 6.0 4x4, and 99 3/4 ton chevy 2wd instead. I got none of them. I bid $3226 on the F-350 and it went for 3400, sealed bid. Was a smoker though, and not in a way anybody could say is good.

HERE IT IS! It's a toyota that looks like a scout (ok.. kinda like an old dodge)and is called a stout! Awesome!
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/517099743.html

saw that one, sadly not EFI or x-cab.

that cab looks a lot bigger than today's cab...
    EFI is really criteria for buying a truck?
    Early yota EFI is more ghetto than GM tbi.
    I thought flapper valve EFI was a myth when I read my RR rover repair manual...then I bought a toyota. I lover that there is no relay for the fuel pump...that air has to actually be moving through the engine....that is ghetto

yes, EFI is a must. I have owned vehicles with style of EFI and it work fine, much better than carburetion.

saw this FJ45 for sale, kind of cool: http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/522150244.html

Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    that cab looks a lot bigger than today's cab...
    EFI is really criteria for buying a truck?
    Early yota EFI is more ghetto than GM tbi.
    I thought flapper valve EFI was a myth when I read my RR rover repair manual...then I bought a toyota. I lover that there is no relay for the fuel pump...that air has to actually be moving through the engine....that is ghetto

That cab is actually smaller than a first gen's cab. Stouts are very small, and getting hard to find. It would be a cool build, but there is no aftermarket support, and almost nothing swaps between stouts and the more common toy models.

As for toy efi being ghetto, that seems kinda funny to me considering stock toy engines are some of the most reliable and longest running engines on the road or trail today.

yes, EFI is a must. I have owned vehicles with style of EFI and it work fine, much better than carburetion.

saw this FJ45 for sale, kind of cool: http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/522150244.html

Not to nitpick, but thats a FJ-55. The 45 was the pickup version of the FJ-40. FJ-55s are a 4 door vehicle with a fairly stout drivetrain, similar to a FJ-60. I think that would be a pretty cool rig for you. A mild lift, or spring over, some 35s, and you've got a wheeler that can carry 4+ people and a bunch of beer.
    Last edited by CRaSHnBuRN; 12-30-2007 at 11:56 AM.

still one of the best deals out there, but more than I want to spend.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636635

Quote Originally Posted by CRaSHnBuRN
    Not to nitpick, but thats a FJ-55. The 45 was the pickup version of the FJ-40. FJ-55s are a 4 door vehicle with a fairly stout drivetrain, similar to a FJ-60. I think that would be a pretty cool rig for you. A mild lift, or spring over, some 35s, and you've got a wheeler that can carry 4+ people and a bunch of beer.
    I knew there was a 5 involved in there some where Not sure that is a route I want to go, would need some parts swapping to get it where I wanted.

The goal is to buy something that runs, and well mind you. And only needs: gears, tires, SAS, SOA, bumpers, extra t-case, ans some tires to make it fun. I am not looking to build the end all be all of trail rigs, just something to hold me over for a few years till I build the uber-Scout 80.