Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Project: Find Brandini a Project

part of this that there is a budget ceiling (about 3K), I do not have a unlimited budget for what I want. I need to keep some in the biz for the spring. So if some parts of the dream build will have to wait till the fall (dual cases, lockers, lower t case gear, bumper and x-o-cage). I want to mainly get the SOA, SAS, and some tires to start so I can get on the trail, hopefully for Memorial day.

Quote Originally Posted by davido
    More for comparison...

not quite, needs to be EFI

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/1984-to...2114.html?amp;

looked at this one earlier, but the trip to OR could be a killer.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642306

cool but too much for now

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632403

saw this one, too much.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=642667

that has potential, same issue as with the OR, way out there. maybe an excuse to drop by and visit mark.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641997

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke
    HERE IT IS! It's a toyota that looks like a scout (ok.. kinda like an old dodge)and is called a stout! Awesome!
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/517099743.html
    that would be peemp for the uniqueness factor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

trading emails with the guy in NJ, it seems like a good set up for what I want. Not to keen on the 10" wheels, may buy some 8"-er and swap them out. Would probably have a friend in MD pick it up and store it till march or so.

you have never had to drop a dime b/c you never put any miles on them..trail rigs, and the ones that you did drive you got rid of before the first oil change was due.
    92 toyota - around 25K miles before I rolled it
    89 toyota - first truck, and heavily abused, around 20k miles between me and my little sister

and yeah, I read most of Graysons post and disputed it. What can I say, I'm bored and drunk and not looking forward to my flight to Michigan in the morning.

did you read what you quoted? key word: SCHEDULED maintenance. This means that it is not one car, it's every car produced, period, no arguing that.

you have never had to drop a dime b/c you never put any miles on them..trail rigs, and the ones that you did drive you got rid of before the first oil change was due.
    I think every toyota jimmy has had had some kind of issue. the one he bought was on its 2nd motor, his Dad's had some kind of timing chain issue and some other stuff IIRC.
    same problems other motors see...no difference, no better.
    what makes it worth to keep them going is the cheapness of parts...that's why so many are rebuilt and kept on the road.

PS you're a toy
    Kollins *****ed about everything and went through cars like Seth goes through beers, maybe more!

The 22re is a badass little motor, forged crank, aluminum head, etc.etc. Dad's first one he bought had some issues but it had 200k on it. Mine had two motors in it, one in the bed and the other in the engine compartment. Both had 100k on them and the only thing wrong with either is they didn't bother to quit running it when the timing chain was grinding against the water pump housing due to the tensioner going out and the plastic isolator breaking down. Probably something that was supposed to be done at the 100k mile SCHEDULED maintenance. I fixed that, put in new bearings, new gaskets, re-ringed it and lapped the valves. I checked the oil for the first time in 4500 miles tonight and it hadn't lost a drop. They don't make a lot of power, but every one we've had apart the crank, cylinders, etc are always within spec. It's the best "gas mileage" motor out there, AND is really cheap. That little truck has saved me tons of money. I drive it 250 miles a week minimum (probably more like 300) and fill up the 11 gallon tank once a week. The part I like best about it is that it's a 4-cyl small motor but is in the compartment north-south like God intended so it's easy to work on unlike the Honda I had.

That being said, it's fine for getting me around. On the trail I like to hear my engine, even if it makes my rig heavy and I blow up stuff. Incidentally, there is a shiny spot on my springs on that side. My steering stop is hosed. I wonder if the tire was against the springs when I blew up that shaft in Clayton? Highly likely I say.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quit being gay, wheel a scout. You'd look really gay in a little yota, look at Rodney!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/523656966.html

buy for $600, add $2300.
    Last edited by BMFScout; 12-30-2007 at 11:44 PM.
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout
    Quit being gay, wheel a scout. You'd look really gay in a little yota, look at Rodney!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/pts/523656966.html

buy for $600, add $2300.
    I'd be on that like stank on ****....
    'Cause if she don't,

no way I can build an equivalent Scout for the same money and effort. Time is a bigger consideration these days, I hope to crest the "money is cheaper that time" curve later this year. Just not quite there yet, but my time is worth more for future earning now, need to keep my focus there. Didnt use to be the case, but I am making some progress on that front.

I need something that is close to done and I can do upgrade on the weekend or a binge build. I just want something to wheel now otherwise it will be like my other project, just collecting dust and money.

[QUOTE=BMFScout]Kollins *****ed about everything and went through cars like Seth goes through beers, maybe more!

I drive it 250 miles a week minimum (probably more like 300) and fill up the 11 gallon tank once a week.

The part I like best about it is that it's a 4-cyl small motor but is in the compartment north-south like God intended so it's easy to work on unlike the Honda I had.
    [\QUOTE]

1 - although I was slacking on saturday, due to my productivity, thats still a lot of *****ing!

2 - so 23-29 MPG. put that on the mental note list. Ya'll still sellin one?

3 - I have this same feeling. It's what got me into a scout in the first place. The vw pickup, while getting killer mpg with a 0-60 time of 5.2 minutes, was too ghey with the front wheels hopping. it couldnt quite do what I would call a burnout. so then i did lots of one wheel smokies in the scout (and a couple new rearends i think) to make up.

Id love a turbodiesel rear drive minitruck.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

oh yeah, the early v dub diesel ownership makes me like the sammy vdub swaps too.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

hey Yota guys, look this over and give me the low down:

all of the pics i have are on pirate4x4

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641997

it has trail gear hi steer. a stock ifs power steering box. it has 4.10 gears f+r. rear has a detroit true trac. i change the oil once a month. and the diff fluids every 3 months. it needs a wind shield. a driver side fender. and a right rear axle seal. i have a windshield and the axle seal. i will include the windshield if i get close to what im asking. i dont have a front bumper for it.

'Cause if she don't,

Quote Originally Posted by Jackasic
    hey Yota guys, look this over and give me the low down:
    Looks like a pretty typical IFS Runner/Truck build. If you can get it for $3K or under, it's worth it. The same truck in IFS form, if it's in as good condition as it looks in the pictures would be $2K. Only thing you'd need to add would be some gears or a doubler and a bumper and you'd be set until you felt like fecking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    I meant to post that last night. That one does need new rubber and is a reg. cab though.

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGOONRANCH
    reg cab and no EFI = FAIL!,

j/k Ed