Thread: Ultimate Shop Setup

Threaded View

that first one is dumb. I picked up two powered dryers both have 110v fans that blow across the condensor plus...as bonus a I got a 10 hp compressor and a 5hp compressor. all of it for $100. that was the deal of the 1990's! My Dad's setup consist of copper pipe ran up and down on a piece of plywood about 4' X 4'. at the bottom of each dip is a ball valve to drain the moisture....works ok. for lines the best way is to slope the line. away up from the compressor..I think it is dumb to slope it that much only has to be an 1/8" every so often. then when you branch off for your air tool supply lines just drop a piece down "t " off of that and extend the "t" w/ a ball valve. there are plans on the net somewhere. black pipe is the way to go. do not use PVC. it can and will shatter. gets brittle as it gets older. if someting knocks it it will blow. One thing I have heard that is newer is using a type of pex for airlines...there are kits for these. super easy to install b/c it is flexible....I wonder if the gray pex would work? the kind w/ the aluminum inner layer.
    Last edited by Graystroke; 12-28-2007 at 09:06 PM.