Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Ultimate Shop Setup

I think you left some oil in there. For that remark, consider it confiscated.

pretty sure anything you "leave", in the posession of a kopecki, of any sort of value is automatically considered confiscated.

saw it was moved the other day. did you sell the trailer?

I sold the trailer about 1.5 years ago. Some little hot girl's dad bought it for her and her sister. I don't think she wanted to move out of callaway house.

Was the trailer moved? I moved the shed before I sold the house.

Like my rock crawler? KrazyKarl02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams View Post
    karl had one, it fit stuff, i dont think the door ever worked right, but that might not have been a design flaw.
    I did in fact have one, I lived in Beaumont for 3 years with no garage. I bought an 8X10 from lowes or home depot, I think it was called the Piedmont Edition or some crap.

The free floor frame is worthless.... I made a frame out of treated 4x4's and plywood. The floor cost $80, the building was $196, pre tax. Worked good, did not leak. It took me a weekend to construct.

Like Jerry mentioned the doors kind of suck, they have no wheels and just slide.

Other than that, they are in my opinion the cheapest storage in that price range, you can fit 4 to 5 motorcycles, a lawn mower, and an LT1 in there.
    -Karl
    2006 Chevy K3500 4X4 - No J.B. Weld on it yet!
    1982 thru 94 F-Series "The Klogger" AKA Transport on the road, on the trail, or on the trailer!
    1965 Chevelle
    1975 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKarl02 View Post
    The free floor frame is worthless.... I made a frame out of treated 4x4's and plywood. The floor cost $80, the building was $196, pre tax. Worked good, did not leak. It took me a weekend to construct.
    Did you have to erect it?

I just spent like ten minutes looking for this link. It belongs here:
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Adams View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

13'x20' garage big enough to do any work in? Garrett how big is yours?
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

yeah, its a little tight but you can, pulling axle shafts can be a pain. I did plenty of work in my 10x20 storage unit.

invest in lots of shelving to store stuff vertically and stay organized
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    Creighton, you have done stuff with that jeep that would make a goat go "holy ****!"
    Quote Originally Posted by afroman006
    So driving by brail is why your jeep looks the way it does eh?

exiled no more
    Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    no, not if you plan on using the garage for anything else...ie, storing tools and all other household garage type stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch adams
    i just looked @ that....that is sick wicked badass, the lower level is bigger than my house

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota View Post
    My current set up is about 19' x 12', it's got some nice cubby hole type deals though that are an extra ~120 sqft for storing tools and whatnot. It works out fine.

New place still only has a 1 car, a litle bit bigger but no nooks, so shelves from the ceiling are a must.

There's a place here selling 18' wide x 20' deep two car metal garages for $3,100 installed.

I was looking at that garage that the guy built in the suburbs. I can't even imagine the **** storm my neighbors would start if they saw me dig a hole like that. Holy hell! Pretty sweet though.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

Have we covered shop electric?
    This one has an FPE box and no garage, so while I get the electric updated I might as well make sure I have enough dedicated juice for a decent shop. Should I just put in an extra master breaker and give the garage (detached) it's own panel? How many amps total should I make sure I can send over there? Do I have to separate it into 220 and 110 at this point or is that done at the garage subpanel?

Here's where it's going, leaving that little slab to work on until ready to build, then it becomes a carport slab. The garage will be a 1++ taking up the rest of the back of the lot, with the roof basically covering the whole width of the lot, creating the carport. How long is a c/c longbed truck? Thinking it should be 8' longer than that (2' for shelves/storage up front and 3' for working/moving around) and as wide as possible while still leaving enough room to park under the carport and open the doors
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    I would recomend running a subpanel with it's own main breaker (check the code, I bet it states that for an unattached building anyways). It should have two 110 legs running to it and two of those together will give you your 220.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    That guy seems really really paranoid about moisture in his system. He went through a lot of trouble for nothing. It's not like an air line is going to ever be perfectly level, so why go through the trouble of putting such angles in the system to allow for drain off? Also, if he would use a decent drier he wouldn't even need to drain the system other than his tank. If you were going to be painting, or even running air tools, the cleaner and dryer the air, the better off you will be. If I were building a shop, this is what I'd use: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeVIL...4015QQtcZphoto

sure, it's a bit of an investment, but it's nice when you don't have to worry about contamination or moisture tearing up your tools or ruining a paint job.
    Link is broke, here is one that should work.

http://www.powertoolsonline.net/devi...yersystem.aspx
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.