Thread: Sherman-83 cj7 v8 3/4 ton @103" wb

Threaded View

lowballing someone

Sherman-83 cj7 v8 3/4 ton @103" wb

Well here is the new project that i have been working on for the last few months. In the recent tradition of the super secret build i thought i would wait till i had most of the parts and at least some progress made. I named it sherman like the wwll tank since i will be painting it an olive color with a white star on the doors and hood

to start i traded a transmission and some random 258 parts for a 83 cj7 frame, body and front clip. i even had it delivered. the original plans were to do it cheap and just enough to get it wheelable and trash but after getting into it i have decided to make it nice and take my time.

with some parts trading with junior i ended up with a 76 blazer with a shot body and another 350 that needed a rebuild. ive already gotten the block back from villas and have a rebuild kit in the garage waiting to be put together with a rv cam (yes i said it). i still need some tbi 350 heads but everything else i have to make the motor tbi. i'm going to put the t350 from the blazer behind it but still am not sure what to do about t-cases. i'm probably going to do a 203/300 doubler with a 4 to 1 which will give me a 2, 4 or 8 to 1 low range(i have both but still need the adapter)

As far as axles go i'm going to use a hd44(have 2 sets of spare shafts) on the front w/ 4.10 and open w/ hi steer and hydro assist and a srw 14 bolt in the rear welded with disk brakes and 4.10 gears. i also have an anti wrap bar in the works.

Suspension is soa with waggy springs in the front and xj rear with 1" drilled perches which will give me a wb of 103". The rear stretch is done with a btf kit and the front fullwidth will be homemade.

Tires are 37" tsl's on h1's but when i get a d60 for the front i will go to 42's

The body has been comp cut, the jeep will be boatsided and front tube fenders/ stinger with a clearanced hood are in the plans to protect the aluminum radiator and electric fan that will probably be mounted on the outside of the radiator.

I was going to go topless but i ended up with a hardtop cheap in a rediculous trade and i bought a set of hard doors a while ago for cheap.As the cage goes it will be hardmounted to the frame as well as the body being hard mounted. I am also thinking of modifying the hardtop into a half top.

I also have a pair of yellowtops that will go in and till i find a fuel cell there is an xj gas tank that will be strapped into the rear of the bed.
    Last edited by colman; 02-16-2008 at 09:42 PM.
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come