Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy Dominates Conroe!! 4/5/08

I haven't checked. Try http://www.nastrongman.com, and contests/upcoming.

sideways again... redcagepatrol's Avatar
    Three pages? It's only been up for a day!

Anyways, hope to be there - we have a guest room and three couches that are big enough for people to sleep on if ya'll can handle a baby scream at 5:30am

Kolpecky lives a block away and has an air mattress
    Scott, FTAC '99
    '62 Nissan Patrol 4-seat Twisted Customs Buggy
    '89 "CJ-7" - Her trail rig
    '05 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD - her daily driver...
    '08 Dodge 2500 Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel 4x4
    scott.schubring@williams.com

The office sucks - I wanna go wheeling!

The party is in Spring, B!tches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Graystroke View Post
    So you loose, I win!

Flyin' the Hindenburg 2.0 DRAGOONRANCH's Avatar
    Krabs, make sure you bring your camera and take lots of pictures of andy whoopin ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredo View Post
    Ask your dad what it tastes like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Tell Chris to get it up and I will do it.
    My bitch better have my money...
    Through rain, sleet, or snow...
    My whore better have my money...
    Not half, not some, but all my cash...
    'Cause if she don't,
    I'm gonna put my foot in her ass.

Cool! I guess that solves that. Whitney was already planning to be on a girl's trip out of town anyway. Perfect!

Are you ready? Are you ready? Let's get it awn, c'mon.

We can talk more about it in a few weekends.
    The disco ball in my mouth, insinuates I'm ballin'

I went to Baton Rouge Sunday to train with the other LA amateurs, all 5 of them. Looks like I'll be joined in TX by some of my rather large statesmen.

If they're interested in carb loading after the contest this could get really interesting.
    Last edited by Cajun; 03-11-2008 at 08:45 AM.

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    excellent. My exhaust guy is having his big anniversary party and barbeque for his business the same weekend. I saw him at Discount the other day and he was asking me if I was coming this year. I didn't have the heart to tell him.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    I went to Baton Rouge Sunday to train with the other LA amateurs, all 5 of them. Looks like I'll be joined in TX by some of my rather large statesmen.

If they're interested in carb loading after the contest this could get really interesting.
    so how did the training go?
    So you loose, I win!

There will be no dominating in Conroe, I won't even be the strongest guy from LA there!

Training went pretty good for my first time with these guys. Worked with their tire (675 lbs) for a few reps. I'm rusty on this one, I had gotten pretty good on the tire over the summer. I did a couple sets of 5 and tried to work on speed. Moved to farmer's walk at 280/hand. This went well also despite not working this in months. My pick up still sucks, but once I get moving I'm decently quick, so that's good. Grip isn't an issue, so I just need to work on getting faster from the ground.

New events were the yoke, chain drag and Atlas stones. Their yoke is a chain yoke (bar across your back like a squat, with a heavy keg suspended by chain at either end). I have no idea what it weighed, but it didn't feel heavy. That said, the chains made it very unstable, but it wasn't too bad. I have a 650lb. yoke as part of a yoke/farmers/sled medley in Conroe, but it's a fixed yoke. The chain was 550lbs, and I smoked this one.

Last but certainly not least were the stones. I worked on lifting and loading the 225 for a few reps, and the guys helped me out with some technique. I loaded the 225, 250, 290, and 315 to a 54" platform. I was able to lap the 410 but not load it. All in all, not bad for my first time touching a stone.

I haven't worked overhead with these guys, but I've been training it in the gym. Since I'll have a 275lb axle for reps in Conroe, I've been training that on my RE Upper day, and have a best of 12 reps with no set downs. If I'm allowed a set down, and I should be, I should be able to get a couple more since breathing is my limiting factor, not strength here. I hit 11 for two sets yesterday, and I felt like crap, so I felt pretty good about that.

I'm starting to feel a bit run down, and may be getting close to overtraining. I'll start tapering the volume down starting next week and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    tire (675 lbs) for a few reps...farmer's walk at 280/hand...650lb. yoke ...chain was 550lbs,... 225 for a few reps,... 225, 250, 290, and 315 to a 54" platform...lap the 410 but not load it....275lb axle.
    Jesus H Christ! If you wanna work on that breathing thing I may know a guy who lives in a state with not a lot of air and lots of "stones" May be able to work you into a training program
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

so what's everyone's plan.

You guys should come down on fri. jimmy/fred, its barely a 3.5 drive from your house to mine.

Flem you coming down?

Anyone else, plenty of floor space.

andy you coming on fri night or sat. morning.

If andy is in on friday, i would assume he would need a good night sleep, so we can take it easy, couple 30's of stones hang out and bs. Sat. night is carb loading fo' sho!
    So you loose, I win!

at the parts store, confusing the **** out of the guy.
    I assume we'd probably come down friday night leaving directly from work. I don't know for sure until I find out if Jimmy has some soccer game or other such crap.
    "You know, this car is so fast, that giving Corvette owners this car, is kinda like giving an AK-47 to a pysch ward."

-Ron Fellows (Corvette C6R Team Driver)

no crap, soccer is over. I'm planning on coming in friday night with Fred and pulling a Jerry leaving early on Sunday. I fly out of Dallas around 3:00 on Sunday.

LET'S GIT IT AWN!!!
    Boats and hoes

Stumble in to the liquor store
    With a dollar-fifty for a bottle of wine,
    I know just what I'm lookin for
    Thunderbird will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BMFScout View Post
    pulling a Jerry leaving early on Sunday.
    good, so then i won't have to throw you out!

scott/lynda, coop, karl, frick, kopecki, wolverton, BDR, and other houstonians, let's meet up somewhere over here on sat. night.
    So you loose, I win!

I'm probably in. Blair is going to a girls weekend...
    1988 Blazer...RIP