Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fix my brakes

I don't understand the residual valve, so I bet it's that!

You should post a pic of that adapter, it's ****ing sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Krebs View Post
    First off, I thought residual valves were for drum brakes. The purpose is to keep a certain amount of pressure on the wheel cylinders to keep the shoes close to the drum. Without this the pedal would have to travel too far and the front would engage before the rear.

Are there any odd spots in the lines where bubbles could get trapped? Have you tried reverse bleeding it from the calipers to the master cylinder?

Was the pedal ever hard?

There are residual valves for discs. Supposedly it keeps a little pressure in the lines so that the calipers do no open completely and pull away from the rotor, requiring more pedal travel to get it back. Does it work, or do I need it? I don't know. I put in on in an attempt to find something to make my brakes work better before last weekends trip. It was discussed alot on pirate when brake problems arose, so I figured I would give it a shot to see if it helped.

As for places air could get trapped, most of the hardlines are still in the stock locations, and I have never had problems bleeding a toy before. I might try reverse bleeding it, but how do I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepPhisherman View Post
    I don't understand the residual valve, so I bet it's that!

You should post a pic of that adapter, it's ****ing sweet!
    but the brake problems existed before the residual valve was added. Remember it was a quick fix I slapped on the weekend before the trip.

As for my adapter, here is an example of one

Mine doesn't look as nice (hell, I didn't even paint mine), but its pretty similar