Just been thinking of something lately, wanted to see what yall thought of it. - I have been trying to improve mpg lately, and with warm weather comes the AC - i am sure i will hear some open top comments, but nonetheless, i have it and i like it. So when i am using it, what i have done in the past is turn it all the way cold and let it blow, and when i get cold turn the fan speed down. I began thinking though that maybe if i leave the fan on a higher speed and and turn up (warmer) the temp control a little bit, that the compressor would have a chance to cycle, thus improving mpg, at least in theory. Is my thinking on this correct, that there is some type of thermostat that keeps the inside air at a certain temp when on max/recirculate? and when it is cool enough the compressor turns off and the fan simply recycles the air until it senses that it gets too warm. It might cycle the compressor alot which would lead to wear i suppose but just wondering if anyone had any ideas about this? Flame away for how nit picky this is but also chime in with any insight.

Seth