My sister's truck broke down today and I ended up hauling it back to conroe from navasota. I'm thinking that the fuel pump went out. She was cruising at highway speed when it began to stumble then die. I got it started but it was idling way rough. Managed to get it partially on the trailer before it died completely. Got it the rest of the way on the trailer after a good samaritan offered to give it a push with his ranchhand equipped dodge.

It's an 02 GMC 3/4 ton with the 6.0, 115k miles. I had the fuel pump go out on my old truck right around 110k. From what I can tell this seems to be the same diagnosis. When I got it running it idled fairly low at 600ish, got nothing when I depressed the accelerator. Almost sounded like a knock with how rough it ran but still had oil pressure. I checked the oil since the message center displayed an oil code and she mentioned that it was a couple thousand miles over the scheduled change but it was all good.

So I'm assuming that the fuel pump is the culprit. Any other thoughts as to if it might be a failed sensor or worse? I'm planning on borrowing a code scanner from O'reilly's just to make sure.