I am in desperate need of some help. On three of the past four mornings and once in the evening when leaving work, the 15A fuse that supplies power to my auxiliary fuel pump (Holley Blue) has blown. I have the pump powered through a relay with the signal wire coming from the factory lift pump. The fuse is connected between the battery and the relay.

I have replaced the relay thinking that it might be faulty. I inspected the wires that are in the engine compartment and see no wear indications. I replaced the fuel filter thinking it might have been clogged causing the pump to work harder thus pulling more power.

I wonder if its temperature related. The fuse blew Monday morning, Tuesday morning, and this morning as well as yesterday evening when I left work. Seems the only thing in common these days is the weather. Its not real cold, maybe mid 40s, but it is cold enough for the grid heaters to cycle. The only reason I even consider this is because I do get feedback from the grid heater cycles through my subs in the mornings. I don’t think it is a wiring problem since it has only blown within minutes of startup.

There is some corrosion on the battery terminals which I will clean off tonight. I only want to replace the pump as a last result…

I am no electrical expert, so I come to you for help.