Thread: Rig Sleds (The Trailer Thread)

Threaded View

True Hollywood Stry
    I bought my trailer without fenders and i decided that i should make it legal so it was time for some fenders. I wanted something different than a normal trailer fender and i wanted something that could be driven over and not have to worry about destroying the fender in the process. I went with the heaviest diamondplate fender I could find then used 1 3/4 .120 wall hrew to mimmick the shape of the fenders. Thanks to Karl for the extra help with the bending. They did not come out perfect but I am very pleased with how thet turned out.

While I had the trailer in the shop I removed the bent jack and replaced it with a new 7k. To make sure that the jack would not get bent this time I raised it up about another two inches from stock.

Next I needed somewhere to mount my spares. It sucks constantly throwing trailer spares into truck beds and making sure you dont forget them. I used some all thread( Karls favorite steel second only to angle iron) and some 3 inch sch. 40 for the current time(will get 5 inch when I can find some so that the trailer rim is perfectly centered on the pipe). Then to make sure everything stays tight I welded some nuts onto a four way to keep everything where it belongs.
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    He who dies with the most **** wins, after seeing your collection you are in the lead no doubt!