Well as y'all know my power steering box locked up at K2 in April. Since it was a reman from O'Reillys, I went ahead and warrantied it. I had to drill and tap the new box for the hydro assist and got that done on thursday night. In the course of tapping it, the worm gear came partially out. I stuck it back in and hoped the balls didnt get ****ed up, but they did. When I installed it, there was a severe pop in the middle of the steering stroke. The old box had a minor pop at a random point in the stroke and it failed, so I knew this wasnt gonna work. I took it back out today and tore the box apart completely. Nothing was completely ****ed so I put it back together, got it installed and all is well now. I guess one or a few of the balls were dislodged and ****ing everything up.

Now I need to figure out what to do about the stripped torque converter bolt. When I put this trans in I stripped on of the three 3/8" bolts holding the flex plate to the converter. My options are helicoil it back to 3/8 or tap it out to 7/16. I dont know if there is enough metal surounding the hole to helicoil it though. I really dont want to pull the transmission to fix it one way or the other though. One other idea I had was to get a piece of 3/8 B7 allthread (or even just use a portion of G8 bolt) and thread it in softlyand bottom it out in the hole, then tack-weld it in and put a nut on the other side. There is enough metal that the heat shouldnt fubar the TC too much, but it sounds hella ghetto. I am leaning that direction though.