Thread: Recovery Team for the Chupacabra 300 Oct 1

Threaded View

Recovery Team for the Chupacabra 300 Oct 1

I've been talking to Chris Leitner from Baja Racing Texas and they are looking for some volunteers to help form recovery/support teams for the Chupacabra 300, which is taking place September 29 - October 2. Basically this is a 300 mile closed course race on a 50 mile loop in the Texana Ranch that will be both day and night. For recovery there will be roughly 8 teams that each have their own zone and in that zone they will be responsible for keeping the track clear and aiding the racers. Each team will need a vehicle or two that can handle normal recovery stuff and will be supplied with a trail guide that knows the ranch (Ross Creek Trail Riders).

Also Chris is planning on having a weekend of wheeling before the race for anybody who is wanting to help so he can go over details and what-not.
    - Which was Awesome

I'm definitively wanting to go and taking the dodge so I got 3-4 seats open and could tow someone, who's interested?

Update-
    This is coming up and I need confirmations ASAP. I've got a nearby room that has 2 or 3 beds and floor space if need be, the beds are taken but will be open for people wanting to shower or sleep on the floor. Also Sunday wheeling will be allowed.

Things you'll get
    - Recovery T-shirt with reflective ink
    - Hand held radio to communicate
    - GPS file of race track and ranch
    - A Trail Guide

Requirements for recovery vehicles and participants
    - Front and rear tow points
    - Additional lighting (not just head lights)
    - Sober (during the race)
    - Must have attended at least 1 TAMOR off-road trip or made other arrangements with me to demonstrate common Safety knowledge

Recovery Teams

Travis with the Dodge, probably towing Tommy
    -one open seat
    -Hopefully leaving Thursday

Tommy with the Bronco

Hudson (hudhawk) with a Taco

Just Watching the Race

Wants to help, but needs a ride

Matt ?
    Sam
    Adam ?
    Last edited by BroncoJo; 09-13-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    Born to Kill

Quote Originally Posted by RCcola55 View Post
    I just watched a spider dominate a fly on the wall outside, i thought would would travis do? and i did the opposite, spider lives!