Yes, David...WFO. I swapped the u-joint out in Circle K parking lot and kept on going. It spit another cap out on the way home so I salvaged one off the busted joint and babied it home. I just got up, so now I need to go get another collection of 1330 joints for the weekend.

Originally posted by eight
My guess.

Pinion's allready pointed up for the CV shaft, soft springs wrap, pinion gets too high, joint binds, something bad happens.
Good guess, but we've already checked it for all those problems. The pinion was pointed at the t-case, then 5* down. The springs relly don't wrap at all, it's really wierd. If I drop the clutch or power brake it the whole Jeep jumps up a few inches front and rear, then bounces up and down a few times and rolls forward. I had everyone at the meeting watching the pinion angle and then had a friend do the same thing I was doing and the pinion never points up past where it should. I know I still need a traction bar for when the leaves break in, but this doesn't seem to be the current problem.

Derek - No, they're kustom packs. It's an XJ main leaf and second leaf with two chevy leaves under that (one has the little spring keeper on the front) and the bottom leaf is the bottom XJ leaf. It ended up close to the right height and it should break in well. These probably won't last long since the three of us collectively have 4 sets of YJ springs, two sets of Waggy springs, another set of XJ leaves, some oddballl j-yard leaves to take apart and a whole bunch of useless Samurai leaves. I'm pretty sure we can figure out a good combination someday.