Thread: B.W.T.

Threaded View

so went out and messed with the truck a little today - im gettin frustrated and figured I would see if I got any input here before I just go do it next time I get out there. I am having a tough time deciding where to mount the rear radius arm brackets. I tried an existing hole but they were too far back. I tried drilling one hole but it was too far forward. So now I just know it needs to be somewhere in the middle. Problem is that I dont want to drill any more holes unless they are gonna be the final ones, but it is a pain to get the axle in place any other way to check what the springs look like with weight on them. I am going to get some degreaser tomorrow so I can clean up the oil (i started it up forgetting that it had a hole in the oil filter) and then i am about to the point that I am gonna pick a point that I kind of marked, drill it, bolt it and say **** it. The brackets have to be bolted to the rad arms in order to get the bushings all right and then the brackets lined up, either way it is a pain. post up what yall think - also if anyone has some free time let me know and I can get to where we can work on it. Thanks in advance.

edit - beat on the pitman arm some today - no luck - the puller I have is not gonna work for this - anyone have a pitman arm puller or should I just spend 20 bucks and get one from jc whitney?

also drained the oil - i never appreciated clean oil like I do now that I change it all the time - and mine was bad (crude according to eric )
    Last edited by Seth; 03-13-2006 at 08:05 PM.
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller