Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: harbor freight tube bender? welder?

Fresh Cope, It Satisfies! StevenAg03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    Tube is...much stronger than pipe or poop pipe as it is called. I would use dom tubing or hrew.

this is not always true... depends on the material and a few other factors...
    Steven W
    02 Dodge 2500
    82 CJ-7 - sitting in a field...

"....Your theory is f*cked up like a football bat...."

pipe is cheaper and more than adequate for a lot of applications, you will get your money's worth out of that sucka with a few bumpers and sliders. Likewise an arc welder will do the trick for welding these items up if you don't have the money for a mig right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

Quote Originally Posted by stx4wheeler
    from what ive heard even with sand it is gonna kink some, please do not try and bend dom, or hrew with a pipe bender, remember it is your life on the line.
    If you're spending the money on hrew or dom and bending it with a pipe bender I might worry about you. If you had the actual tubing die it would make a little more sense.
    1988 Blazer...RIP

but a tubing die doesn't exist for those benders, does it?
    what are the specs on the "die sleeving" trick; where you bend a piece of pipe (2" sch40 maybe?) and then cut it lengthwise to use as a die shim so you can bend 1.75 tubing?
    damnit... if everyone is leaving i want my original 15 back... i dont wanna be left with these tools

chevsu
    make a die...........

Quote Originally Posted by uglyota
    but a tubing die doesn't exist for those benders, does it?
    what are the specs on the "die sleeving" trick; where you bend a piece of pipe (2" sch40 maybe?) and then cut it lengthwise to use as a die shim so you can bend 1.75 tubing?
    not sure... Couple years ago I investigated this pretty heavily and I thought I remembered something about a tubing die. I obviously stoped caring once I bought a tubing bender. Then I became an unmotivated piece of **** in life with ADD and never used it except for someone elses crap.

P.S. I'm trying to fix that motivation thing!
    1988 Blazer...RIP

so how is charlie these days?

I Used One Of Those Orange Benders To Build My Bumper - It Got The Job Done. Long Pieces Are A Pain Though - Like Eric Said - Pipe Is Fine For Bumpers And Sliders As Far As Im Concerned - My Fron Bumper Took A Good Lick And Didnt Suffer Too Bad - Speaking Of - I Need To Redo It Soon - Whos In?
    Seth Stewart '04
    2000 Suburban DD
    1995 F150 SAS - Needs more work to sell
    1998 GMC pickup - sold
    2003 Yukon XL - wrecked/motor donor
    1975 Scout - TBD
    1976 Scout - parts truck
    1972 IH 1310 dually - TBD
    196? Scout 800 - 302 roller

lowballing someone
    i have a guy that will let me use his bender(the correct one) for the cage but for bumpers and frame tie ins and shock mounts and sliders and the such this is perfect, plus i can make other random doodads witht his
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come