Thread: yj brake and cj steering column

yj brake and cj steering column

Anyone know where i can get the master cylinder, brake booster, firewall mount, and proportioning valve from a yj. Either someone has it laying around which would be great, or does anyone know where a trashed yj is that someone is parting out. And does anyone have a good cj steering column, tilt or non-tilt, manual? Must include working parts, but doesn't necessarily need ignition lock wiring, ignition switch, steering wheel, horn. Basically just want a solid shaft and case and bearings. Both to swap into my 85 cj, the brakes could use an upgrade and my automatic chevy column isn't working to well. The steering is real loose and instead of jerry riggin it more than it already is I would rather just swap out the guts.

I didn't mean to sound like an ass earlier... Just messing with you.

A booster shouldn't cost too much, but you may be able to find an interchange part from a Cherokee somewhere that could be found in a junkyard. The master cylinder isn't too hard, either... Look for a 94(?)ish to 2005(?)ish Dodge truck in a junkyard and swipe the master cylinder. If this is stuff you swapped onto a CJ these may be good upgrades over what you already did...

lowballing someone
    get your bracket yet?
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come

yah i found it one ebay, and bought it monday so hopefuly by the end of the week depending on how fast the seller wants his money, i'll call you when it comes in

Right now i have non-power stock brakes in the cj, and i found a close to bolt on application with the yj power steering system, so that is why i was looking for the yj stuff. I could buy it off ebay but thought i would look local instead. Here's the site... http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/mambo2...d=42&Itemid=30

i'd be careful buying brake parts from a junkyard

1976 F-100 Kustom Krawler
    1976 F-150 Custom
    1964 CJ5

lowballing someone
    Red 81 CJ5, 35's, 4.10 and detroit, 4 to 1 dana 300, tbi efi, flat belly, cage, chromos and auzzie in front... sometimes runs. body damage to come